Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bowazon as first char: multi or starfe?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by windwingwind, Nov 16, 2006.

1. windwingwind

windwingwind IncGamers Member

Bowazon as first char: multi or starfe?

With pgems collected along, she should be able to buy those 2nd-class bows like Goldstrike Arch, Lycander's, Eaglehorn. Her main task should be pit-running for like half a month. So, which skill you would say maxing, multi or starfe? Maybe 10-10 in both? :scratch:

2. jag

jag IncGamers Member

Either really -- or both....

I know that doesn't help much but its really a personal preferance as to which works best for you.

With less ias you can get faster strafing speed. Each strafing arrow carries any chance to cast mods or knock back or leeching . Strafe will miss alot if monsters are running perpendicular to you. Strafing is cheaper in mana than multi.

Multishot will take more ias for higher firing speed. Chance to cast mods, knockback and leeching is only carried on the center 2 arrows of your spray. Multi can damage more monsters when they are spread out or running perpendicular to you. Multi can get expensive with mana.

Personally i am speed freak for strafe with alot of leeching and chance to cast mods from my weapon and gear (chance to cast amp, novas, etc). I do also use multi when monsters are not standing still or running towards me.

10 and 10 in each could work very well. If nothing else you will find out what your personal preference will be for future builds.

3. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

strafe for sure

4. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

20 in Strafe, 10 in Multi. Best of both worlds.

Also, I'm not currently up on all the trade values, but if Witchwild String is considered a "second-class bow", then get that for sure. It's the best bow in the game not named Windforce, Faith, or Ice.

5. JonProphet

JonProphet IncGamers Member

SSoG couldn't have said it better. With bonus I'm at like 13 multi and 23-25 on strafe. Get both. Just make sure you take care of your Pierce, Crit Strike and so on. You have extra points to put in your tree after Strafe and Multi are at "optimal" levels.

As far WWS, I would definately pick that bow up. I have all the top bows now (may not be highest quality) but I have Faith, WF, Lycander's Aim (haven't tried it), Buriza, Goldstrike, etc. Btw, I'm also non-ladder. My WWS is of lowest quality (no sockets) and I liked it. My fav. bows go somethign like this: Goldstrike/WWS, Buriza, WindForce and Faith. Goldstrike is a very good bow even for being on the bottom of the list.

-JD-

6. windwingwind

windwingwind IncGamers Member

WWS is considered a 'first-class bow' by me, and I think I can't afford the upgrade cost at the very beginning, that's why I kinda ruled it out at this stage.

But yea I will certainly get one when I get more thing to trade, cos I like this purple little bow so much. :wink:

7. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

You don't have to upgrade WWS to make it Hell-viable (although it certainly helps).

8. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Upgrading the WWS makes it more powerful since its damage range becomes much tighter, meaning higher average damage. WWS is also the almost perfect bow for the Strafer, ctc amp, customability etc..

I say max strafe and some points to MS. Then max a valk, she will help you alot. :grin:

9. Magical Trevor

Magical Trevor IncGamers Member

bah stuff Multishot go go go Strafe!

10. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Most bowazons have extra skill points left over at the end of the build, especially if one uses Razortail. If you do have points leftover, why not use them in multi?

11. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

@ Dacar92: max out valk, critical strike, strave and some points in decoy. Plus all needed skills to get to freezing arrow. And then you have just put one point dodge/evade/avoid. Not many points spare I think.

I personally never put more then one point in ms. It will eat mana away fast, and I don't feel like I'm doing enough damage. My advice is simple, Unless you have the gear to rock hell likes its a children garden, go with strave, it has much more benefits for a weak character.

[edit]
    and like 9 points in pierce. forgot that one.