Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bowazon Armor Question:

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by TheICON, Mar 10, 2004.

1. TheICON

TheICON IncGamers Member

Bowazon Armor Question:

Hi, I have a 78 strafazon on USeast and I am unsure about what I want for my end-game armor. I use WF for my bow.

This is what I have thought of:

1) Skulders------wearing this now

2) Upgraded Twitch-----I can make up to exceptional

3) Bound by Duty runeword-----with some work i can aquire the Ber rune I need. has resists/LL/other stuff thats nice

which (if any) would be my best choice? Are there any better alternatives

2. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forum :)

In answer to your question it depends what you want to do in the "end game". Are you intending to continue playing PvM or PvP? You don't say where you are in the game but at level 78 I guess you have some of Hell still to complete.

Skulders is obviously good for magic find so if you're doing that not much will beat it.

As a strafer you might want to shoot faster and a Twitchthroe can good for that with its 20 IAS but needs to be part of a complete package to meet the IAS breakpoints for a Windforce.

I'm not sure what you mean with "Bound by Duty runeword" as there is none called that. But as you say it uses a Ber rune I guess you mean Enigma which is an expensive and powerful armour but not especially suited to an Amazon but still has some good mods including the ability to teleport.

If you have already invested enough strength for your Windforce then this suggestion is not as useful as it could be. A very good and cheap armour for an amazon is the Lionheart runeword. That provides a good mixture of mods all of which can be useful to a strafer especially when you want to use a more powerful bow in the late game with a high strength requirement.

3. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

Ah! I've just found the armour you mean by "Bound by Duty" It is the Chains of Honor runeword.

+2 To All Skills
    +200% Damage To Demons
    +100% Damage To Undead
    8% Life Stolen Per Hit
    +70% Enhanced Defense
    +20 To Strength
    Replenish Life +7
    All Resistances +65
    Damage Reduced By 8%
    25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

That is a very nice armor for a strafezon and would be good for the end-game

4. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

THEicon are you useing a old atma?

because thats the only play i can recall chains of honor has ever been called by the name you used.

it got the right name in the latest atma though

5. TheICON

TheICON IncGamers Member

yes, sorry about that. I got the name off D2data, didn't know that it was changed to CoH.

i have a 1.1 atmas, quite nice

6. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

Be a rebel, use Crow Caw, a very underrated armor. Sure, its a heavy armor but since you don't wear a shield it won't slow you down much. Amazon looks nice in Crow Caw, it has decent enough def (get one over 500 def), some hit recovery, some IAS (perhaps socket with another IAS jewel to give it a nifty 30% IAS) and the all important Open Wounds chance. Underrated armor, I used it on my Strafer in 1.09 to end-game in my lvl 90's, no complaints. It also adds a nice +15 to Dex...its all good. I'm not sure the Str req if you upgrade it though, it makes an excellent throw Barb armor also.

7. bjb0mb3rz

bjb0mb3rz IncGamers Member

I made a CoH Boneweave for my strafeazon yesterday and i luuuuuuuuuuuuuuubb it.

The 350% demon ED from Laying of Hands and the 200% demon ED and 100% undead ED have sped up my Pit runs exponentially :clap:

Sure, I traded out my Skullders for it and lost like 100 or so MF, but that's no biggy. :thanks:

8. Kirsty

Kirsty The Order of Dii Guild Member

Crow Caw... that used to be *the* armor of choice for an amazon, but most people soon found other things to their likings.

I think Duriel's Shell can help very nicely if you need cannot be frozen, resistance, strength and life bonus. Lion Heart also provides nice resistance and a very good bonus to statpoints. I also always liked Spirit Forge for some reason... maybe that's just me, but two free sockets without wasting the quest is very nice.