Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bowazon Advice needed

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by zzTheWretchedzz, Oct 19, 2006.

1. zzTheWretchedzz

zzTheWretchedzz IncGamers Member

Bowazon Advice needed

Hey guys and gals,

I've began the quest of creating myself a bowazon for the first time... after a 3 year break.

However, I'm at a point where I'm not sure exactly what to do to make it effective in hell. As a level 79, I was hoping to have a bit more success in hell.

My skills have been placed in the following manner:

Maxed the following:
    Multi Shot
    Guided Arrow
    Valk

5 or so placed in the following:
    Dodge
    Evade
    Avoid
    Chance at Double damage
    peirce
    ---------------

Any recommendations on what to place my remaining skills in?

Also, what weapon should I be goign for? Unfortunately, I only have a goldstrike (only thing I've been able to obtain since I have nothing to trade with since staring 3 weeks ago..) Peace armour, sanders boots, Non unique ammy and helm, 2 manald rings.

Any recommendations on what equipment to persue?

Thanks for your time...

Wretched

2. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

it seems like you don't have strafe which is the most useful skill when you have bad equipment, instead you have decided to go multi & ga, multi dealing only 75% normal dmg and ga is single target

in any case, what you want and need is windforce bow, and rest of equipment will also need upgrades, particularly concerning ias items (ias breakpoints can be found in the sticky)
    although this will make your zon look generic it's about the only way to make a good one really

3. windwingwind

windwingwind IncGamers Member

What's your dex?

And you urgently need points into penetrate. Without a decent investment into it your chance to hit will be way too low to be fun.

4. zzTheWretchedzz

zzTheWretchedzz IncGamers Member

I'm at work, so I'm unable to check the exact stats but... here's a rough estimate..

125 str
    200-225 in Dex
    100+ in life (currently 550-600 total)
    Energy is base

How much is it to obtain a windforce these days? Since I only started 3 weeks ago, I haven't really crossed something of any serious trading value... :S

Wretched

5. humblegar

humblegar IncGamers Member

I maxed GA with my first try for a strafer and I must say I regretted every point I used after 1, it does not pierce and does not help versus physical immunes. I don't notice that big of a difference now that I just use lvl 1 + skills vs max either.

Right now I'm trying a simple 20 strafe, 20 valk, 20 penetrate build (+some crit, pierce, a.s.o. of course), feels right so far. But then again I'm new around here ;)

6. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

These are just about the worst two bow skills to max. Guided/Multi used to work in 1.09, but such is not the case anymore.

If it didn't take you too long to get to lvl 79, I'd recommend rebuilding (after reading a guide or two, that is).

7. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Dex too low.
    Vit too high. Stop adding any points to Vit, you should do well enough even with base vit since zons SHOULD NOT even get hit.

As for Wind force, i heard you can get 1 for an IST / HR or even an UM on WEST !!