Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bowasorcs, bug still there?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by ConFusion, Feb 24, 2004.

1. ConFusion

ConFusion IncGamers Member

Bowasorcs, bug still there?

There used to be a bug (or perhaps unlisted feature?) that made a sorceress' fire and lightning damage (possibly cold as well) from melee and ranged weapons very powerful by putting stat points into the masteries.

That way I created a powerful bowasorc in 1.09D using Kuko Shakaku and a lot of fire/lightning dmg items and charms to kill monsters (of course explosion from explosive arrow worked perfectly well with pierce and crushing blow). This worked fine but I was wondering if the same 'bug' is still there in 1.10. Note that the damage is not listed in the stats screen, it was WAY higher (used to kill cows hell 8player in no time).

I also know about the AR-problems I will be getting now, but I'll probably use an 'eth' kuko shakaku + blessed aim merc, perhaps some other sources of AR too. Not sure yet... I would like to know if the bug above is still there.

Thanks in advance,

ConF

2. wisedoor

wisedoor IncGamers Member

Now enchant gives a nice AR bonus.... with little AR help from eqpt, melee and bow sorcs are completely viable...You do not even need to use ETH. BTW, Enchant damage is multiplied twice from fire mastery now.
    Now it is official about masteries affecting damage from charms, and the correct damage is shown in the char screen after masteries, so u can know how much damage each charm will give :)

3. ConFusion

whoah, thx for the information, just what I wanted to hear. I feel bad about taking enchant though, I hated it in 1.09, it was useless, now it's only good for the AR I think (I believe that enchant dmg divided by 3 or 4 for ranged weapons still applies).

I'll give it a thought... thanks a lot

4. hellrazzer23

hellrazzer23 IncGamers Member

im sure 1 point in enchant wont hurt.

you dont have to max if you dont want to, unless you have extra points, enchant is a good option after firemastery.

5. wisedoor

wisedoor IncGamers Member

Enchant is affected twice by Fire Mastery....
    Enchant+Warmth (Enchant synergy) + Fire Mastery deals huge damage that shouldn´t be ignored.

6. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Enchant is absolutly worth it. Pump one of the other Masteries in addition and you have a great 2-elemental attack Sorcy!
    Also its not a bug, its all intended!

Sources of AR?! There are a few set items that give huge AR. For starters, 2 Angelic Rings, Angelic Amu come to my head ;)= +AR based on char-lvl!
    AR from enchant is great too.

One weapon to consider if you wnat to raise all Masteries: Hellrack crossbow with 63-324 damage in fire/lightning/cold each!

7. ConFusion

nah I'll probably take a ravenfrost + angelic ring/amu + kuko shakaku (how can you not love that bow?). Like every ranged char, I'll probably be having great problems getting resists and speed (IAS/Resist armor like I used to have in 1.09 isn't that cheap anymore -- well, I'll think of something).

@Melianor, I thought it was a bug because the damage was not displayed in 1.09 and there were so little people that knew about it.

Thanks for your help all.

8. melianor

If you are concerned with Speed take the Demon Machine its got base -60 concerning IAS! has explosive arrows aswell. With a bit in Enchant you can ditch the Angelic ring since your AR will be fine enough!

Ceratinly like Koku aswell.

Res is still an issue then though. Kiras Guardian Tiara would help :D

9. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

I believe that the adding of elemental damage on charms and the likes only works for melee. Check the Enchantress guide for more details.

10. melianor

I can confirm that indeed Masteries also boost the damage of charms if you use ranged attacks!

That new guide up on the forum just doesnt say anything about ranged attacks concerning the charms damage. :p
    Shame! ;)

11. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

Elemental damage charms work for physical attacks, ranged or melee. They don't work for spells.

12. ConFusion

That's why I checked there to see if I could get a clear answer, thanks for the hints.

About that Guardian Tiara... hmm, maybe when I don't need Guillelaume's Face (crushing blow!) anymore. :)

I'm gonna create her now... be afraid... :)

13. melianor

Crushing, Deadly Strike, Open wounds -> Goreriders!
    Stone Runeword for 60%FHR :D

14. ConFusion

Prolly a plain IAS armor... with life if I can get one. Lvl 6 atm, can't use any skills :/

15. melianor

Hmm, i'd rather use Demon Machine, only a small bit IAS needed to reach the last breakpoint. Its the "Demon Machine Gun"
    Would not sacrfice Armor for IAS/life. Rather put some facets in it :D

16. ConFusion

I've always loved the kuko, standing in a channel with a purple bow is just plain stylish :)

17. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Keep it on switch for the Channel then ;)