bowa pvm help...gear?

tullz

Diabloii.Net Member
bowa pvm help...gear?

hey i want to make a bowzon that uses multishot...tell me what you think of this gear setup, im trying to do a lot of physical damage:

Windforce Shael
War Travs
Cats Eye
2x Raven
razortail
laying of Hands
Andarials Visage w/ 15%ias jewel
fortitude archon

might merc with pride great poleaxe

i hit 8fpa here and will do pretty decent damage, any other suggestions?

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
LoH > Rare/Crafted Gloves for pvm bowazons, whether they are strafe or multi

+350% demon damage (i know it isn't a total conversion, it is based on base damage) is amazing for demon intensive farming areas like flayer jungle, chaos sanc or worldstone keep/throne, and for act bosses.

Rest of your gear is exactly what i would use. Finally someone that realizes that war travs >>>> gores for pvm :)

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
SlainByPain said:
You don't hit 8 frames with that gear. You need 147% ias with WF.
That's why one goes for the 8/2 strafe for +10 bows at 120% IAS instead of 147% multi :)

Also mows down bosses much faster than neutered guided arrow.

tullz

Diabloii.Net Member
i tohught i did hit 147..
20 WF+20 shael
20 andarials+15 ias jewel
20 loh
20 cats eye
40-50 fort
gives me 145-155

tullz

Diabloii.Net Member
lol my bad ive never actually seen it and on arreats it has the stats realy close to that of grief :eek:

Ladron

Banned
Omikron8 said:
Finally someone that realizes that war travs >>>> gores for pvm :)

I don't get it. why? i use gores...

(10str + 15-25dmg) > deadly strike and all that?

get frw with gores too. btw anyone know the frw breakpoints?

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
Ladron said:
I don't get it. why? i use gores...

(10str + 15-25dmg) > deadly strike and all that?

get frw with gores too. btw anyone know the frw breakpoints?
+15-25 damage from war travs is added to the BASE damage of your weapon

ie. dexterity, skills, might merc aura, etc. all boost it :)

On my zon it easily turned into another ~ 200 damage

I'll take that over crushing blow which is near worthless on ranged weapons, open wounds which almost never triggers (and is worthless on monsters even above level 90), and the small deadly strike which isn't necessary when i already have 50% or more from the skill itself.

People keep forgetting that war travs +15-25 is NOT JUST +15-25 on your char screen.

These are the best combat boots for any class in my opinion.

Gores give 5% more fr/w than war travs? That's two small charms. I'll say then that war travs gives a zon 30 more life and lets her equip windforce easier (+10 str) if you want to debate secondary mods.

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
tullz said:
so is my only other option to use ed/ias jeweled armor to reach the 8 bp?
If you switch razortail to nos coil you will have 125% IAS which can give you a 9/2 strafe. I know that you want to use multi but remember that

1) Your Fort is giving you a ton of damage and other useful mods, much more useful than getting another multi frame from ED/IAS (or plain IAS) armor which would give you little (ED/IAS armors with good secondary mods are obscenly expensive) or nothing else. I would stick with a 9/2 bp with fortitude instead of using any kind of IAS armor.

2) A 9/2 strafe with fortitude as backup for bosses will be much more beneficial than an 8/2 strafe with ED/IAS armor.