Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bow Question

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Trapp, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Trapp

Trapp IncGamers Member

Bow Question

Ive never used a bow in D2 before. I dont want to play as an Amazon tho. So which builds can be built around a bow. Necro? Any ideas are appreciated.

2. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

Druid and Paladin are the more prominent.

Druid is supported by summons, while Pally has Auras the increase dmg and AR.

Necro's decent too... played the same way as the Druid, has a harder time hitting though. Sorc can be powerful but requires HEAVY elemental gear investment.

Barb is the least skilled with the bow and doesn't have the greatest skills to assist it either.

3. Trapp

Trapp IncGamers Member

Part II

Are certain bows better for the Druid, Paladin and Necro or should I just find the best bow i can?

4. rickster

rickster IncGamers Member

a sorc can use a bow with the enchant skill. Use the unique cedar bow, Kuko.

5. Any1

Any1 Banned

On the Paladin side, I've run a lot of numbers in this regard. I've taken into account DS, CB, merc aura, dex, WSm, IAS gear, etc. The four best bows in the game are:

1. Windforce (Unique Hydra Bow), 50% DS
    2. Eaglehorn (Unique Crusader Bow) 50% DS
    3. Widowmaker (Unique Ward Bow) 85% DS
    4. Upgraded Witchwild - not socketed (Unique Diamond Bow) 100% DS

With two 40% ED jewels, number 4 and 3 switch places.

Windforce has almost 900 more average damage than Eaglehorn (Using Fanat slvl 20, 200 Dex, 0 CB, slvl 20 Might aura 230%ED).

6. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

The interesting thing you will have to consider is that the Widowmaker Unique Ward Bow grants the guided arrow skill to any class that wields the bow. This skill is usually an amazon only skill. You won't have to worry about attack rating, and your arrows will always hit the enemy target. However compared to windforce and eaglehorn, the max damage is a lot less.

By the way it wasn't mentioned, but assassins can also wield bows. Their shadow master summon is a good companion and great tank, and their burst of speed skill adds more attack speed than a paladin's fanaticism skill (just as an example).

7. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

indeed, a bow assasin is a very good unique build that can be exceptioanlly fun

it'll be helpful to invest poitns into burst of speed and venom. you may also want to invest points into fade and some defensive measures such as a point into blade shield, if you like. Shadow master is a relatively good tank along with your regular merc. you can learn more about this build in the assn forum, i think.

8. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

Does Venom work with range weapons?