Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bow and WWS Q's

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by F4IRACER12, Feb 29, 2004.

1. F4IRACER12

F4IRACER12 IncGamers Member

Bow and WWS Q's

I was messing around popping chests in the catacombs in hell and to my surprise a unique short siege bow came out. The first thing that popped in my head was " thanks where were you when i couldve used ya in nightmare" as i was using an skystrike and an endless hail in nightmare. Identified it to be 170 which i thought was lowest until i looked it up on the summit.

Been running pits for a while now with very little except a deaths fathom which got me a buriza and a blood ravens charge and few other useful things. well i love the Blood Ravens with the Huge AR bonus and revives but the damage barely cuts it in the pits and it takes like 5 minutes to beat andariel with it if im lucky enough to have my valk tank for more than 5 seconds. I feel like a ****** using the buriza because it just feels clumsy but the damage is much better.

Wanting to try the WWS so i took in for a spin in NM in the chaos sanctuary and it worked nice against diablo as the amp when off pretty often. tried running the pits it but that was kinda painful as my chance to hit was poor even with lvl 77 and 340 dex. andariel was just about impossible as the amp never went off and the damage just didnt cut it and the chance to hit was terrible.

Playing untwinked in East Ladder doesnt afford the best items or runes so i was wondering whether its really worth upgrading the WWS or just stick with BLood Ravens and burrito for bosses. If i did upgrade the min dmg goes up quite consisderably but the max doesnt gain too much. Is it worth the runes for the upgrade or should a hold out for a GSA, Eagle, or Lycanders. NExt question: what to socket. My hit percentage seems to be real low so ETH might be a logical choice. But what in the other.......knockback is really not too important to me and the speed seems to be just fine. The availablity of a ED jewel with +max is almost nil as ive never seen one really in all my ladder days. INput and suggestions are welcome...tnx for your answers. OOPs forgot to mention my skills: max strafe and FA/synergy, few in passives and 14 or 13 in valk.

MY CURRENT EQUIP AND STATS--- Steal skull---LOH gloves----Griswolds armor with 3PTopaz--- +1 amazon ammy-----18/174 raven---- rare with resists---goldwrap belt(not upgraded)
    -------------STR: 134 with charms and equip
    -------------DEX: 320 i believe
    -------------VIT: 80

2. F4IRACER12

Things that go BUMP in the night............yes im ashamed but really could use some input on this matter before i continue my playing today....

BTw if any of you guys are on useast ladder.....look me up.. always lookin for ppl to team with...

3. Hacker24

Hacker24 IncGamers Member

I would say that you are probably more likely to get a pul/lum than eagle. So, i would definitely Up it.

4. F4IRACER12

hehe just found a nice HOZ from the masoleum and a lidless form NM mephisto that should help my chances of getting what i want.

5. F4IRACER12

Got my pul and upgraded my 170 WWS--took it out for a spin in the masoleum......without amp its just an above average bow with amp it rocks...found mav armor just now and HOZ earlier ...Man im havina good day.... guy wants my HOZ for a EAgle and Atmas or eagle and highlords.

"I love it when a plan comes together" - hannibal smith

6. slayer37

slayer37 IncGamers Member

Actually, WWS does more damage than it seems. Amp damage and high level deadly strike makes up for what it lacks in base damage. With other mods like 40 to all resists, slvl 20 MA :worship: and 2 sockets, this bow is really to die for after WF and Eagle. By the way, what's a HOZ? :scratch:

I socketed my WWS with an Eth/Shael. You're right in saying that AR sucks with strafe so Eth plus mediocre innersight are needed to hit effectively IMO. Knockback is easily obtained with crafted gloves along with other good mods such as 20IAS, +skills and MF. :clap:

7. F4IRACER12

HOZ is the unique pally shield harold of zakarum and knockback isnt too important to me. i did put a eth in it...still deciding on the other one...
    might need to shael to hit next breakpoint

10--stealskull
    20--LOH gloves
    10--goldwrap belt

im not sure but i think the breakpoint is 42 ..go figure but not sure about that.. got a nice 39ed jewel might put in instead.

8. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

To hit a 9/2 strafe (the first 2 frame strafe you can each) on a WWS, you'll need 86 ias. 63 gets you 9/3 This is proving to be a real problem on my leveling strafer... I planned initially to use her for MF, wearing tal's mask, belt and armour... But i'll hae quite a bit of trouble hitting the 9/2 breakpoint...

lets say WWS(double shaeled 20 ias), LoH(20 ias), I'll need another 30 ias... Bugger... even with cat's eye, i still can't hit 9/2... Looks like i have to think about switching gear... Maybe... Skullders, Stealskull and Goldwrap... hmmm... an additional 25 ias there...