Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bow Amazon hell troubles..

Discussion in 'Classic' started by EagleEntek, Apr 15, 2008.

1. EagleEntek

EagleEntek IncGamers Member

Bow Amazon hell troubles..

Ok so after watching some chap building a strafe bow amazon up and doing impressively well i decided to have a go myself.

One problem i always seem to hit is damage so i thought, hell, ranged chars benefit from dex being pumped and my last experiment with a 300 str barb was an outstanding success doing a full 1k ww with 1 handed weapons like nagas so here goes:

9 crit strike, 14 penetrate, 12 multishot, 9 strafe, 10 valkyrie and prereqs ( im pretty sure this is all accurate so far)

Shes a lvl 54, the valk tanks well and im doing about 357 with the bow using multishot - with a dex figure of about 285 so far. Multishot can obliterate the nightmare CS and i pick off everything else with a 1 pt guided arrow.

My question is, having gone to hell, my AR is so low i can barely hit anything. Its about 3/4 k at the minute - im assuming its going to get alot better if i max penetrate - im wearing:

rattlecage, howtusk, mana/life leech fire/light gloves, goldwrap belt (ias), treads of cthon boots, angelic amulet + ring, manald ring.

Having no soj to socket gear, and no other ability to leech mana, how do i get my AR high enough to hit things, and how is this dmg going to get higher? Or scarily, isnt it? :shocked:

2. Razputin

Razputin IncGamers Member

Re: Bow Amazon hell troubles..

Hi, there are a few things you could try. The best i can think of is using Hsarus' belt and boots, these are easy to get hold of and give you +10AR per lvl, also the boots have 20% run/walk and some fr so it's not really a let down on your current. The belt is a bit of a pain as you will probably loose a break point on the speed. If you can find a way to still get the attack speed you want i think that would be the best choice.

There are lots of other options but as you have probably figured they interfere with either your helm knockback or your leech. If you were willing to drop your knockback you could take sigons helm + boots for a bonus, i think that would be your next best bet.

3. darknessproz

darknessproz IncGamers Member

u could use twitch instead of rattlecage and get urself a hsarus. replace ur manald with angelic i think. u could always drink some pots.

4. HegemonKhan

HegemonKhan IncGamers Member

a big part of the dexterity formula is your character level.

being a dexazon (amazon raising dex to high levels or all into dex) or other dex char. you are getting 4 "birds" for 1 "stone" every time u level up your character.

advantages of dexterity and char. lvl'ing up each time for range weap. users:
    1. higher character level which helps u hit monsters
    2. adding to dex (duh) raises dex/ar which helps with hitting monsters
    3. adding to dex raises defense rating
    4. adding to dex raises damage of ranged weapons

if u r playing mp/online than just let some one else kill for u and get exp/lvls until your character lvl is high enough that your chance to hit monsters is good and u can do your own killing

if not, unfortunately, most people have their character to low lvl for chance to hit monsters for the difficulty and area they r in. this is because they need to be there for good experience/lvl'ing speed.

for example:
    a hell fallen is monter lvl 41 ? (norm fallen lvl 1, nm +20 lvls, hell another +20 lvls..i think if memory serves). so your character should be at least lvl 41 in hell act1 first area right outside town to have a decent to hit chance (if u arent already bulked up on dex/ar from items like anglics). higher if u want advantage/bonus vs a hell fallen in the to hit formula. the problem is experience. the experience to too small too slow to stay back n level. so people go to higher areas/difficulties which gives better/faster exp and lvls but now your to hit has dropped because your character lvl isnt high enough for the monsters.

if u cant or dont want to leech off exp of others from being in party than as mentioned already u can change gear so u have more dex (angelic rings + 1 more angelic item for the largest source of AR in classic) and other sets have ar sources too like the already mentioned hsarus set items. try to find a bow with ar on it or rings with ar. raise penetrate skill.

as a phys. damage bowzon though, u NEED highest damage potential to be able to kill stuff. which is why many poeple do dexazons. more dex more damage. both strafe and multishot have a -25% damage on them. with 20 into strafe u have (100% damage but at 3/4 damage= 75% damage from lvl 20 strafe skill) 75% enhanced damage only + low damage weapon (most damaging bow but "medium" speed=gothic and ~150 and + is best u can get/find)(most damaging ranged weapon is the ballista it does more damage than gothic bow but has "slow" speed)(double/rune bows have fast speed but small damage). u still have low damage compared to all other classes and builds of other characters. to help make up for ranged weapons low damage u also NEED speed. with HIGH speed and good damage gothic bow, double/rune bow, ballista xbow, critcal strike from amazon skill (2x damage) and/or crushing blow/OW than u can kill repsectifully on hell difficulty.

the problem is getting a good damage bow/xbow and high (or highest) speed plus (2x damage) from critcal strike amazon skill/crushing blow/OW

physical ranged amazons are 100% gear dependant, and getting the right gear you need can be difficult. and this is just so you can kill. if u wanna duel or survive/stay alive/dont die with her than u need really elite top notch gear. this is why very few phys. damage zons are played by people. they really have demends for a very rich and veteran player to be able to use them to hold their own.

physical damage amazons (ranged or melee) are NOT for the poor and noobish. they are a rich and veteran player build being 100% gear dependant and flawless stat/skill/gear synergy is required.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  5. HegemonKhan

its really best if u choose either strafe or multishot. but do NOT put skills into both. u only have so many skills and u need those skills elsewhere, like for valk or the 3 "dodge" kills, not being split/wasted between strafe and multishot. (<-haha, i typed an i instead of o in shot and it censored it. multi****. :p)

unless u want a duel using build. multishot for crowd control and strafe for single targets/bosses. just understand u'll probably be wishing u had more skill points later on....

if not though, its bad to waste points into both strafe and multishot.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  6. HegemonKhan

its really best if u choose either strafe or multishot. but do NOT put skills into both. u only have so many skills and u need those skills elsewhere, like for valk or the 3 "dodge" kills, not being split/wasted between strafe and multishot. (<-haha, i originally hit the i instead of o and multi**** was censored, before i went back and corrected my typo:p)

unless u want a duel using build. multishot for crowd control and strafe for single targets/bosses. just understand u'll probably be wishing u had more skill points later on....

if not though, its bad to waste points into both strafe and multishot.

7. HegemonKhan

sorry for double post...

sorrry for double post...i have no idea how/what happened...

8. fledgeling

fledgeling IncGamers Member

death's gloves+belt allow you to leech life and give you 30% increased speed

as for the mana problem - you could switch the manald for a rare ring with 100ar, dex and mana leech (or even double leech/resists/dex etc)

9. EagleEntek

EagleEntek IncGamers Member

update - i found a rare ring with 104 AR, 5 mana leech, and 17% fire res - its not super but its better than a manald.
    Swapped over for a hsarus belt and boots, and that boosts my defence and AR a bit too - so now im hitting a wopping 8k AR at lvl 56 - so thats nice :D

Still worrying about dmg though :S

10. HegemonKhan

thats not a bad ring:D not terrific/can be better, but still much better than manald as it gives needed AR and some fire resistance on top of mana leech so much better than manald which jsut gives mana leech n small mana regen.

damage will be a problem if u solo'ing. hard to balance all your needs.

bowzons r much better when in a party and u get enhanced from other characters:D

enchant may or may not help since its fire damage and lots of things r fire resistant/immune but if they arent the fire damage from enchant will solve damage problems with its fire damage. but even if your in areas with high fire resistant or fire immune monsters...

u still want enchant..for its AR bonus:D