Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bow advice needed for Java

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Haba, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Haba

Haba IncGamers Member

Bow advice needed for Java

On my javazon (with LF and CS) my current bow (on switch) is Lycanders Aim. Which kinda sux. It does the deal, but in a loong looong time :p

So, since I'm a newbie according to items, i dont have many options nor the stuff to trade myself an elite bow. Thus, i ask for some advice in the matter of a better bow.

Recently i found the Elite unique crossbow Hellrack, with 222%ED and kinda good. This would ofc be a good substitute for my ama but it requires 163(!!) in strength (I got ~86 in str, and I'm lvl 74 atm), which is about 80 more then i have :p It has two sockets thou, which i could insert some -req to avoid putting too many points in str, but, that'll leave me no option for putting in some IAS rune/jewel to make it shoot faster. Since it's only atm, fiering at 18/5 I'd really think that would be nice to improve. Option is a shael + a -req socket... any thoughts on this?

Other, i was thinking of the Upgrading alternative on my Lycanders Aim. But is it worth it? Sacrificing a Lum + Pul for that? And would it even be good? In terms of value, what other bow/Xbow could i get for those runes?

And always, there's the possibility of trading an other bow to my ama, but i dont have that much to spare. So ´here I am open for suggestions for a decent bow (which should be better than some of the other alternatives above) and somewhat the same in price range...

Or any other suggestions are warmly welcome.

Thanks for reading, and for helping me out!

Cheers

2. windwingwind

windwingwind IncGamers Member

Cheap options are Harmony made in a fast bow, upped WWS and Eaglehorn. If you dont mind the str req, windforce is great too.

3. chien

chien IncGamers Member

What is the skill you use when switch to bow? Me switch to ICE bow using FA/Strafe. It works well for me.

Chien

4. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Member

i'd agree with all of those as a cheapie alternative to the almighty faith (seriously if you love your zon scrimp and save to make one its worth it times 10 and if you're on east ladder hrs are cheaper and cheaper (sometimes 70 gems if you're trading say 140 gems (in bulk in other words)) moste expensive part is the bow so for cheap use +1 or +2 gmb or mat or buy it already made in such a bow). another perenial (sp?) favorite is the almighty burito (buriza).

on east ladder those runes would easily get you a windforce.

5. Haba

Haba IncGamers Member

I mostly use GA...