Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bout to head out to a club

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lord_Helmet, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Lord_Helmet

Lord_Helmet IncGamers Member

Bout to head out to a club

Called Jillian's Billards, It seems to be nation wide club, I'm going to the albany branch around 10:30, first time going to a club in quite a long time. Wish me luck! going with my girlfriend so I won't be pimp daddy mac'in but I will try to have a good time, personally I can't wait to get back and go to sleep, but oh well, gotta keep the miss's happy I guess.

2. tintrail

tintrail IncGamers Member

why is it that guys with girls seem to be tired of going out to clubs etc, and dancing with their girls, but when you don't have a girl you cannot wait to go out to the clubs to mack?

3. mouschi

mouschi IncGamers Member

Do you really need an answer to that? :scratch:

4. tintrail

no i really wonder why people with girls seem to be tired of doing stuff with them. enlighten me if you know, because i sure don't. and no, i am not being sarcastic.. i really don't know

5. ragnar_ii

ragnar_ii IncGamers Member

I dont think that all people are like that. My friend wont leave his girlfriend for 2 seconds. They are always doing stuff together.

6. TurdFergusen

TurdFergusen Banned

What's the matter Helmet, the Blue Oyster not good enough for ya eh? And is this a new girlfriend? Is she good looking? How old is she? Is she seeing anyone? Oh... I mean does she have a sister?

7. tintrail

and i refer you to:
    i am not singling out lord_helmet here, merely using him as an example of a recurring trend i have noticed alot.

8. ragnar_ii

ragnar_ii IncGamers Member

well to me it seems that these people are just going through motions and not really caring all that much. No offense to lord_helmet but thats just what it looks like to me. And im not saying your wrong or anything but ive seen more people happy with their girlfriend then just wanting to come home and get some sleep.

9. TurdFergusen

TurdFergusen Banned

Sounds like a clear case of whippage to me "Whoopah"

10. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I'm single and I hate the clubs... though I have enough female "friends" to flirt with as it is, so maybe I just don't need to. I hate "macking" on women, anyways. It seems so pointless and takes too much damn effort. Just MHO, though.

11. tintrail

Well, I guess the point I was trying to get at is something more like this. Whenever I go to a frat party, I always have a ton more fun if I go with a bunch of girls I know, since then I am guaranteed someone hot to dance with, and also people to have a fun time with. (This is analogous to the situation where a guy has a girlfriend to go with).

Not being very adept at starting to dance with random girls (though I must say, I am a whole lot better at doing this now), I find it less desirable to go to a party when I know there is not someone whom I will be able to dance with without feeling somewhat shy and nervous (which makes me not have as much fun).

Put it down to my innate shyness, and nervousness when I am not in control of the situation (as is the case when dancing with a random girl, and all the rest), but for me, I don't see how you can prefer the 'going with no girl' over 'going with a girl'.

This is just my two cents. I know there are alot of things I have glossed over and/or skipped, but it is now time for me to sleep, I might refine my argument as necessary in the morning.

12. frygia

frygia IncGamers Member

I guess men like to be like hunters, they like to "win" something. Always speaking about winning, men . . . and with their own gf, well, they don't feel so much 'macho'.

The thrill of not knowing what will happen, if they will 'win', is what drives them out.

Of course, I could be completely wrong . . . maybe some man here can contradict me :teeth:

13. Lord_Helmet

Lord_Helmet IncGamers Member

well to answer the questions, i'm not a club person but she is, she's only 19 and i'm 24. So I work all day long, and she's home on spring break, and she wants me to go out to a club an hour away. Leaving the house at 10pm, we'd get there for 11. I just prefer a quiet night at home with her, but she really wanted to go dancing so I was doing something for her regardless of how I didn't want to go. What ended up happening is she got drunk off wine...because people can't have fun unless their drunk (sarcasm) and ended up falling asleep on my bed while I got dressed, so we didn't go out and I got to go to bed at 12am. She has a sister Terd, but she's only 14

14. Dj_Otaku

Dj_Otaku IncGamers Member

Wow, that was quite story Helmet. Hey, at least you got your sleep.

Dj_Otaku

15. frygia

frygia IncGamers Member

See LH, my previous post is a wonderful example of how we can have a very good theory that is completely misplaced :bonk:

16. EEJ

EEJ IncGamers Member

No No No you got it all wrong clubs just suck we only go for cheap Liq's[/Bias]