Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bought the D2 Battle Chest but it was missing a disc

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Magic Rainbow Elf, Feb 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Magic Rainbow Elf

Magic Rainbow Elf Diabloii.Net Member

As the title says i bought the Diablo 2 battle chest but when i opened the box i found that it contained disc 1, no disc 2 and 2 disc 3s as well as the Lords of Destruction disc, the store i got it from only had the package i got in stock and Diablo is so old now that they aren't bothering to stock more so i can't get an exchange. The blizzard installer that you get when submitting your cd key to battle net refuses to work for me no matter what i do and to buy a replacement online will cost way too much in shipping to get one that isn't scratched to hell, the only way i can actually play this and not to have pissed money away is if someone can either link me or upload me an iso of disc 2, i don't fancy pirating an entire copy (paranoid about malware and ya know, it's illegal). It'd be great if someone could help me out. Pic is what i got in the box IMG_20180224_011856.jpg

2. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

You should be able to register your keys at the Blizzard website with a registered account and then just download the game. But you're saying you have done that and it isn't working? I would write to their support and ask if they can help you. They had me take pictures of my discs once and send to them. I don't recall what my issue was, it was a long time ago. But they should be able to help you.

3. Magic Rainbow Elf

Magic Rainbow Elf Diabloii.Net Member

The downloaders keep on telling me it's not authorised despite running them instantly after downloading the off my accounts page, tried downloading them using a mates internet and the same shit happens, if it does 'authenticate' it just times out, dunno how to fix it. Is blizzard support acceptable good or are they a terrible joke?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  4. ysuol

ysuol Diabloii.Net Member

I used the new installer as many thousands of other people so I doubt it is the installer must be something about your computer. This authorization you're talking about doesn't even sound familiar to me so I am not even sure this is windows or not.
    You only need the keys that is correct, anyway.
    What I would do is save the installer on a folder not run from desktop, and run it as admin, well in windows that is. Then it should download the rest of the data (the actual installer which is about 2g if I remember correctly). Takes quite some while it is a low speed download.
    Normally what you need is not support but someone that knows something about PCs to actually take a look on what's happening...

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018