Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

bought items on net?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by snowBlizz, Sep 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowBlizz

snowBlizz IncGamers Member

bought items on net?

have you bought items on net, and what price and what item(s)?
    me myself have never bought items on net, like to get rish myself on d2 :jig:
    but i know other people who do buy items on net..
    like one friend bought 18 ists and a enigma on net:kiss:

have you bought? :jig:

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

I've never bought anything.

3. pera

pera IncGamers Member

Never. What is the point? Why play game then?

4. Inokis

Inokis IncGamers Member

PPL who buy items have the same mentality as those ppl who bot. They don't want to waste time playing a game but they want to seem as though they play it.

I've never understood the desire to commit these practices. If you don't want to play the game then don't. If you do then have fun. I will never understand it.

5. tmilitti

tmilitti IncGamers Member

No, I'd be afraid they'd poof!

6. BlueOctoberFan

BlueOctoberFan IncGamers Member

Trust me, the people that are selling items are laughing all the way to the bank at your stupidity for buying items. I know, I sold items a few years ago. I was laughing my *** off at the people buying them.

7. Zalcitabine

Zalcitabine IncGamers Member

Buying items = More dupes = More lag

Not much else to say

8. ubermoose

ubermoose IncGamers Member

Maybe they dont have hundreds of hours to spend mf'ing just to be competitive in duels.

I voted #3 myself but i can see where it would appeal to people to just buy an item rather than never find it.

If you just want items without running bosses thousands of times, min wage job>mf.

9. Black Market

Black Market IncGamers Member

I've bought everything... Characters, gear, i even hired someone to play for me so i can do something else.

Cannot go against nature...Im a loser who doesnt like to lose.

With some patience and a forum like this one you'll be able to find anything you want without spending a penny. There's so many player that it's inevitable, you will find a deal somewhere to suit your needs. And you know what's best ? You only need pgems. I've trade pgems for Ums, Ums for Hrs, Hrs for skillers, skillers for keys, keys for hr, and on and on and on.

Ok you need mass pgems but that's probably the easiest thing to collect in this game if you dont spend all ur time in trade room.

10. Inokis

Inokis IncGamers Member

So basically you're contributing to the demise of the game economy...

We all greatly thank you :dunce:

11. Nostavar

Nostavar IncGamers Member

I would never ever buy items for any game.

12. ultradank

ultradank IncGamers Member

This thread could turn ugly.

13. bruticus

bruticus IncGamers Member

i've never bought anything .. i've overpaid in a trade for a stupid Gull (i still miss my lance :cry: ) but no big deal.

i would think actually buying items with cash would take away a lot of the fun of finding items, and MFing would not be anywhere near as fun.

14. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Time is not on my side

The only argument I've ever heard for buying one or more items with real money is time: you have extra money, granted only a few dollars, burning a whole in your pocket, but the time you have to play the game, and on this planet, is very limited. Playing the game to do nothing but find other items, and keep finding them, and keep finding more, gets rather boring. If you need something to make a character complete but no one out there will trade it to you, for one reason or another, why keep spending months in search of one item when you can buy it through Paypal?

Before hearing that I thought it was ridiculous, but I know firsthand the time issue, and can sympathize for that reason, alone - no other. I don't judge other people for breaking down and buying that one item when no one else will help them out. Those selling the item will, and they may actually need the money - something I'm also personally aware of, so I won't judge them either. Making a business out of it, though, I just can't understand. It's clear these people aren't just trying to get some extra money or trading something away for the same price they'll pay for it later when they need it or something else of similar value. The advantage is real money changes hands, so people will hold to a price they just won't pay because it's literally coming out of their pocket.

As for encouraging duping, cheaters don't need encouragement other than being able to get away with it. Being able to sell items doesn't goad legitimate players to cheat, so please don't make that argument - it's pretty narrowminded. Blizzard allows the cheating to an extent, then makes it appear as if they're doing something about it by running Rust Storm once a year or so. If the game is flawed to the point where you're admitting it's impossible to stop cheating, it should just be killed. There are better things to do with our limited time.

15. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

never have and never will from websites

i was thinking of selling stuff on ebay but that would take some time finding items worth selling

16. Zeek

Zeek IncGamers Member

This poll should have the added dimension of would you ever sell items for real money.

I think that would show a different side of people as well.

Personally right now I have the time and am enjoying playing. If I get tired of endless runs and I'm not significantly improving my characters and/or wealth then I'd probably quit the game. However, if I just had the itch to finish some build I really liked, then a few bucks wouldn't be that hard to part with.

I'm sure as time goes on I'll have less and less free time in my life and hopefully more and more money for it. So, at that point if I really want to make a fun build in D3 or something, I could see myself just buying what I'm looking for.

17. BabyLink

BabyLink IncGamers Member

i don't think i'll ever bought something on the net, when you look at the prices, this is so funny. Like on vrItems: 20 duped sojs for 12$ :rolleyes:

18. themachine

themachine IncGamers Member

I will never be able to wrap my head around this concept. Why pay money for a game only to spend more money to buy characters and items. THe point of the game is to play and find stuff yourself. Where is the enjoyment of playing a game starting out with the best stuff and highest levels? You're only cheating yourself out of the playing experience.

19. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

The only online purchase I would consider is buying runes. If I couldn't find an ebotd or phoenix in trade, then I don't have a problem buying the jah, lo, vex or zod I need.

For example, I'm trying to make a Ebotd maiden spear. It's not an item you commonly see in trade rooms or for sale online. I have to find the etheral spear myself, socket it if necessary, and get the runes.

I can justify it (sort of) because:

1. Legit rune drops are just too few and far in between.

2. Duped runes are popular trade bait.

3. Individual runes are not particularly expensive to buy online, and one website in particular guarantees their items to be legitimate (not that I've looked into that sort of thing). :rolleyes:

I wouldn't buy common items, i.e. grief phase blades or spirits, from the web because they are so common on the realms you can trade for one. But if you are trying to create a custom item which is tailor-made for your specialty character, and you really can't find or trade for the runes, then I think its okay to buy them.

20. Shivaaan

Shivaaan IncGamers Member

When you reach a high level of play, mfing and questing becomes boring. For me the only fun is dueling other competent players. I have never bought items myself, but I have no problem with others doing so. Why should they have to waste time on boring aspects of the game if they a) do not have the time to do so and only want to be dueling when they are playing or b) simply have enough expendable income to buy whatever they want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.