Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Botkilling time again

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Fearox, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

Botkilling time again

I just checked the current games on Europe. And I saw the game "Pindleskin-253", so I entered it. I invited the sorc in the game, but she didn't join the party. I thought "Hmm... could it be a bot?", so I followed into Pindleskin-254 and hostiled as soon as I got there. And then I saw the sorc running back and forth at Anya's tp, trying to enter the portal. Any human being would stop trying after one failure, so I say it for sure was a bot. And no human being would create a game named "Pindleskin-254" either. Pindleskin2, Pindleskin12 and so on are more like it.
    So now I say to you all: Go kill some bots and get some fast cash!
    I used to do this in 1.09 with my hydra/firewall-sorc. I collected ears and stole their money for gambling. The only thing I wonder is: does the leave hydras-tp to town-go hostile-trick still work? If not I have to find out a way to take those bots out.
    Not a very good method protesting against cheaters, but it sure is fun. :)
    I would gladly answer any questions and be of as much help as I can regarding botkilling.
    Go get 'em! :teeth:

2. simplyLost

simplyLost IncGamers Member

no the hydra trick doesn't work anymore.. iirc they just disappear as soon as you enter the portal.. same with the assassin's traps.. althought a palladin's blessed hammer now works.. iirc..

-Lost

3. Bunniemaster

Bunniemaster IncGamers Member

Yeah i was playing on Uswest ladder the other day in some baal runs and this scumbag kept telling everyone to go download bots because they make the game more fun.

4. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

Please explain the blessed hammer-trick. Is it possible to use at Pindle's place? The biggest problem is that you can't enter the portal when you're hostile. Otherwise any class could take the bot out. I used to kill Mephbots with an amazon relying on that pierce bug (one bolt from Buriza=dead bot).

Here is some of the "treasure" from the botkilling in 1.09.

5. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Im 90% sure that the blessed hammer trick is patched, though i hear bone necros can do it... not 100% sure though, as i dont do any manual TPPK tricks, i just hunt em ;) (hardcore of course)

I would think that a conversion paladin might do the job, not sure though.

6. Inu

Inu Banned

Lol he saved Softcore ears :D

Killing botters on Hardcore is the way :D

7. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

It's hard to find open botgames in hardcore.
    But if you find some of them - go get 'em and show some ears later on. I'm looking forward to it :)

I discussed the botkilling with my brother and he thought of something: What if you disease Pindle's minions with rabies, tp to town and go hostile? Maybe that will infect the botter and kill him? (Well, there's not gonna be any ear - but xp-loss is better than an ear).
    Is there anyone in here with a rabies druid who wants to try this out? If someone does that: please report to this thread.

8. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

From personal experience, Rabies simply doesn't do enough damage fast enough, though if you can actually keep the bot confined to the zombie garden it just might do the trick. :D

I understand what you are trying to accomplish though and I agree it's worth testing. Unfortunately my current Werewolf doesn't use Rabies.

9. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

The hunt is on...

10. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

Something interesting occured: A friend died with his hammerdin next to me today. And guess what: The hammers kept flying around afterwards! Mohahahahahahahahhhhhhhahhhaaaaah!
    This means: you can use the hammers the same way you used to be able to with hydras (hydras out, tp to town, hostile-button).

11. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

Bots don't have chicken anymore? I guess its harder since a PvP char can kill in 1 or 2 hits and Pindleskin's buddies could do the same against a sorc.

As for the rabies thing, I don't know if it can work fast enough since the bot will probably kill off the skeles before she can be infected. I don't know how effective infected enemies are at spreading but one time in a pubby, my friend bit me with rabies and I went around trying to spread it to other players with no luck. Of course, they kind of just ran away rather then stay for the plague.

[edit] You'll need to be really good at planting those hammers in the right places.

12. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

This is one fun idea. If I'm in the mood for it I will create a rabies wolf with the name Poetic_Justice or something (or something sounding like a really bad name for a superhero, like Marshmallow_avenger, Unearthly_Ansgar or TheManOfPowah) with the purpose of infecting unpleasant people (spammers, 1337:ers, racists, homophobics, cheaters) in Baalgames.

13. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

Oh man that reminds of me of something I came across a couple months back. I joined a baal run game to find that it was almost done since I saw portals to the throne room. I joined the party and went down but not before noticing that everyone in town was naked. And one person wasn't in the party. I go down and see that some FoH pally was going around killing everyone in the throne room. Since I came late, he couldn't hostile me.

Don't know the point of that story. I just went ahead, killed the rest of the minions and killed baal while everyone else tried to grab their corpses.

14. DK7

DK7 IncGamers Member

I have some old hardcore ears from bots in .09. I think I have 3 on my only good item mule in hardcore. The guy I killed had 5 bots doing public bot games in hardcore. I rallied some people up and we got 3 of them, I got 2 of those ears myself. Fun night ;o

15. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

Good job! You get a :drink: for that :)

16. helohi

helohi IncGamers Member

Regarding the hammer thing:
    The hammers stay when you hostile, but hammers cast before hostiling won't do any damage (feel free to test it yourself) :(

Back to the drawing board.

17. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

Hmm... I wonder if bone spirits could do the trick? If you get slow missile by some amazon it have to work, but then you have to be very fast...
    What if two persons enter a bot game and makes a party, and one of them enter Pindleskin's tp and the one in town hostiles the bot? Will the one at Nihlatak's temple be hostile to the bot then? I know it didn't work in 1.09, but... well.

18. Rigel Kent

Rigel Kent IncGamers Member

That won't work either... you only get auto-hostile back to someone who hostiles you. If a party mate hostiles someone, it doesn't affect anyone else's attitude in the party. (Thank goodness.)

I suppose the old evil portal trick might be the only way to do it. Round up all the skeletons, walk them ever so carefully to the red portal, and hope for some spectral hit and might aura action? Mwahaha...

19. Alywin

Alywin IncGamers Member

I guess Blizzard has never been able to disable bots so far. What they have done are to set some barriers like timers or ban some obvious bot-using accounts.

20. Daemonaz

Daemonaz IncGamers Member

Yeah I think that is the bes way to do it. Especially since a Sorceress can't survive too many hits of those skeletons anymore. If she doesn't have max blocking, she is certainly dead. If she does have max blocking, oh well there's only 20+ skeletons 3 or 4 are bound to hit. Should be enough.