Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

BOTD War Pike WW Bard?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by gerbele, Sep 27, 2006.

1. gerbele

gerbele IncGamers Member

BOTD War Pike WW Bard?

Does anyone have experience w/ this build? I have been debating which bard to make and I think I want to make a WW barb over Frenzy.

The last barb I made was a WW weilding a Cruel War PIke of Qucikness but I made him with base Enengy, Vit, and Dex. He kicked a$$ is v1.08 but couldn't take the damage of v1.09.

I will probably equip him with a Eth Botd War Pike w/ other upscale gear.

Is this a mistake? If not a War Pike, what is the best WW Weapon? Dual CB or Axes? Wouldn't range be an issue with these?

Anyway, tell me any suggestions...Skills...Stats...Equipment. I'm all ears.

Thanks.

2. sirwhere

sirwhere IncGamers Member

I have an ebotd warpike babo and he funkin OWNZ :rolleyes:

gui's helm, gore boots, highlord amulet, laying gloves, forti armor, AR charms.. etc. Doing 3-13k damage with might merc.

3. mainaman

mainaman IncGamers Member

is that pvp or pvm?
    in pvp he will win some mele duels but definetely much less than a BvC

4. gerbele

gerbele IncGamers Member

I'm sorry I didn't mention this. This build is for PvM only.

5. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Ebotdz make good axes for WW, and work much better than a Pike.
    More speed and versitility.

6. Calizzar

Calizzar IncGamers Member

yes but some people like the style element of wielding a gigantic spear.

7. MaG_Thunder

MaG_Thunder IncGamers Member

botd great poleaxes are nice too
    less dmg (about 300) but faster than a war pike

8. Xeonplz

Xeonplz IncGamers Member

I have a eth both war pike baba and i really enjoy it, he hits like a truck like you can imagine but the one thing that i find its REALLY lacking is in pvp. Maybe i just suck (which i prolly do) but i find a baba with grief and a storm shield rocks my face =\.

I used this build http://www.rpgexpert.com/2564.html but of course i modifyed it for a warpike and the gear

But back to your PvM intrestest i own everything act1-5 hell i have about 3.5k hp 200+mana and the only things i really avoid is solo cow games i just dont do enough dmg to large groups it takes about 30 pass's of Ww, i also avoid chaos u know why =[. MY dmg is 15kish Ww and 18k zerk. Anywho its late so ima go to bed i hope this answered ur questions =p

9. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

The general rule of thumb is:

Dual wield > 2h > single 1h weapon.

Best overall weapon selection is a pair of axes, generally Grief/Beast for PvP for damage. PvM, I prefer BotD for the Indestructible mod.

If you want to go 2h, the best weapons for that are the Ghost Spear and the Great Pole Axe. Both have the same range and average damage, but the GPA is the better of the two since it requires more str and less dex, meaning you get a greater damage pump from stats.

War Pike is a nice weapon, but it won't hit the last whirlwind breakpoint, which is what makes the other two superior.

-Hal

10. sirwhere

While it is true that dual wielding with griefs or grief/beast does more damage than a 2h weapon, the range 5 is a pretty handy thing. By being able to hit further, you reduce the time you need to go back-and-forth to hit scattered monsters.

Ghost spears and giant threshers have range 5 but they're harder to aim than a great poleaxe or war pike, so I think the latter two are the best choices.

As for "war pike is too slow for whirlwind", that's an overstatement. War pikes are completely capable of roxxing the town. Mine does, at least :)

As for PVP.. yeah, you're screwed. With so much damage reduction, pike-o-babos have little chance to beat other melee characters. You can always level to 90+ and go dual masteries.. pike vs casters, axe or sword vs others.

11. SirBeetle

SirBeetle IncGamers Member

Yes, if you want the jankiest barb build, you'd go with grief/beast or botd zerk/ss or hoto/hammerdin...

But botd wp is just the god stuff. I loved doing 14k ww using my crapiest charms. They arn't too bad in pvp either as long as you have the right equip on and don't suck, usually capable of ohko's. I even killed ubers with mine for the fun of it, didn't even get close to dying in tristam ww'ing around 24/7.

I always wonder how much dmg you can hit if you use like a 415%wp, fort, steels, etc. Lol, for added fun, equip your botd wp to a chargadin!, mine did 21k damage with crap equip on, lol.

12. sirwhere

Laying or Ghoulhide are better than Steelrends for pvm. Most monsters are demon/undead anyway.

I usually use Laying all the time, switching occasionally to ghoulhide in areas with losta undead (chaos sanctuary, some A1 and A2 areas.. etc).

For insane damage you can go with an 500 strength titan build, with the usual equip. I prefer to have 4k life, though.