BOTD Scourge?

retrovamp

Diabloii.Net Member
BOTD Scourge?

I just found an ethereal scourge with no sockets. (3-120 dmg)
Do you think that using socket quest on it and then BOTD it will be worth it?

iceball_aarf

Diabloii.Net Member
You may want to consider this:

Eternity 5 Socket Melee Weapons Amn + Ber + Ist + Sol + Sur Indestructible
+260-310% Enhanced Damage (varies)
+9 To Minimum Damage
7% Life Stolen Per Hit
20% Chance of Crushing Blow
Hit Blinds Target
Slows Target By 33%
Regenerate Mana 16%
Replenish Life +16
Cannot Be Frozen
30% Better Chance Of Getting Magic Items
Level 8 Revive (** Charges)

221.4-252.5 average dmg...

revoke

Diabloii.Net Member
Ive found about 5 white archon staffs in the pit. If i see an etheral one ill make sure to post.

retrovamp

Diabloii.Net Member
Do archon staffs still figure into mace mastery for barbs? - is this why people still seek ribcrackers and the potential to upgrade them?

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
no they don't (read: didn't in 1.09) and the Ribcraker's are more for Werewolves and those who are dare ridicule from there peers... ("peers" used loosly)

BladeRogerz

Diabloii.Net Member
While on the subject of Archon Staves anyone care to answer this...
On BNet page it has under elite staves the Archon Staff at 20 base speed. But Mang Song's Lesson Archon Staff has a base speed of 10. Why? Is this because of diff character class speeds I guess...Also why an Archon Staff..Ok it has low str req but theres better options as far as average damage with lower base speeds. Also Archons only have a range of 2. Would look awsome though on a melee character.

freakinrican

Diabloii.Net Member
An eth upgraded ribcracker was what I had planned on for a char in 1.10. I had a 297% eth ribcracker waiting for the upgrade, when lo and behold!, the recipe was only good for ladder. DOH!!! By the way, the char I was planning was a Charging Fanatic.

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
BladeRogerz said:
While on the subject of Archon Staves anyone care to answer this...
On BNet page it has under elite staves the Archon Staff at 20 base speed. But Mang Song's Lesson Archon Staff has a base speed of 10. Why? Is this because of diff character class speeds I guess...Also why an Archon Staff..Ok it has low str req but theres better options as far as average damage with lower base speeds. Also Archons only have a range of 2. Would look awsome though on a melee character.
Archon Staff has base speed 10, but at the white item pages of the AS it suddenly has 20 base speed. Most likely a typo :)

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
OK, as nobody dares to ask, I will do it:

Why should anybody put BotD into an archon staff ?

Stormie

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
OK, as nobody dares to ask, I will do it:

Why should anybody put BotD into an archon staff ?
Best minimum damage of any 6-socket-capable weapon type.

Thunder Mauls, War Pikes, Matriarchal Pikes, Glorious Axes and Ogre Mauls all have better average damage, though. Glorious Axes and Ogre Mauls are also the same speed as Archon Staves (the others are slower).