Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

BOTD Bow?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by karterius, Jan 29, 2004.

1. karterius

karterius IncGamers Member

BOTD Bow?

What would techinically be the best bow to make into BOTD I have seen both Hydra and Crusader... Also is there a best armor to look for when trying to make enigma, or should one just take which ever three socketed armor they could find. Couldn't one just Find a superior armor, and thenusing the Cube recipe to temper it, then use the socket quest on it?

2. GoshoHubaveca

GoshoHubaveca IncGamers Member

I can't really help you with the bow - I would suspect that they're pretty close to each other but I'm not sure.
    About the armor, it's not that simple. First off, the armor class matters (light, medium, heavy). If you wear heavy armor (ancient armor, full plate, excep. and elite versions, etc) it will slow down your movement significantly. Same with medium. That's why the best choice most of the time is light armor. That means quilted, leather, hard leather, studded leather, and light armor, as well as their exceptional and elite versions. There's also the question of defense. Most people want as much as possible, so generally the elite light armors are the best choices. Archon plate, wirefleece armor, dusk shroud.

And you can't just use the socket quest on it, because it will give you the maximum number of sockets, which is 4, and enigma requires 3.

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

The best bow is a crusader bow. Same speed, same average damage, but lower reqs, minimum and maximum damage not that far apart (less randomness helps) and it's easier to find.

If you find a low quality armor and you make it a standard quality one with the cube recipe, it will have item level 1 and then Larzuk will put only 3 sockets into it.

4. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

Just a quick correction to ya, ancient armor is a medium armor, plate mail and scale mail are the other heavy armors. :)

5. Rhaegar

Rhaegar IncGamers Member

personally I think botd is wasted in a bow cus it can never be ethereal and the indestructible mod is useless

6. Sontel

Sontel IncGamers Member

Are the temper cube recipes actually active?
    I tried one once and failed... although I might have got it wrong!

If you're going down this path (using superior items) you will need to use an armor that can have 3 sockets max. Otherwise Larzuk will give you 4 sockets (and there is no cube recipe to socket superior armors).

The only feasible contenders are:

Mage Plate
    def: 225-261
    str: 55

Cuirass
    def: 188-202
    str: 65

You lose a lot of def, but they're much easier to find!

The other option is to

7. assmuffin

assmuffin IncGamers Member

I went with a Mage Plate for one of my Enigmas. Since it gives at least 750 added def, the def that you start off with on the armor doesn not really matter, unless your going for 1k+ def. It also looks better than my Dusk Shroud one.

8. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Tempering doesn't work, but normalizing cracked etc. stuff etc. does (different recipe).