Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Botched my meph MF Sorc

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Vespar, May 15, 2008.

1. Vespar

Vespar IncGamers Member

Botched my meph MF Sorc

So, for some reason....I got into a lull and thought I was in one of my games where I had the meph quest already completed and of course screwed it up and finished the quest.

So, now I'm going to make another sorc for farming meph.

So far I have an 87 lightning sorc....which is pretty powerful, but...the lightning immunes have a hayday with me....I did just find an eth 4os colossus voulge so I have a weapon for infinity. I just have to get the ber, ist, and mal runes for it.

My sorc that I just botched is a level 75 blizzard sorc....pretty powerful. I like the character, but again the ice immunes are so abundant it's really annoying....thank goodness I have good gear for my merc....it makes all the difference.

So now, I'm wondering since I did pure blizz and pure lightning....what would be a really good dual tree build that would be effective for farming meph?

2. Dirkw

Dirkw IncGamers Member

Re: Botched my meph MF Sorc

You don't understand... A cold sorc isn't really meant to clear each and every area. With a cold sorc, you farm AT, meph, andy, pindle, mausoleum, crypt. The awesome thing about it is it's so powerful you can do it in 8p games with lots of mf.

Light sorc is a different deal. It's more of a rusher character, and more of a keyrunner.
    A dual tree sorc can also do this, but slower (though for less cash).

Messing up meph always happens to me as well btw. I just don't care enough...

3. Vespar

Vespar IncGamers Member

I guess I probably should just remake my Blizzard sorc again.

4. leeye84

leeye84 IncGamers Member

I won't make a new blizz sorc if I were you. I would just stick with Meph only runs with your current Bliz sorc until you get enough items to sell for an Infinity. Then ur Light sorc can take down everything, assuming you're using a Act2 merc.

5. Vespar

Vespar IncGamers Member

Now that I screwed up my meph running it seems like Meph, Andy, The Countess, and everyone is dropping garbage....it's funny how one screw up can get in your head and make you feel like you are doing horrible.

6. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

I know what you mean. While screwing it up has nothing to do with Andy/Countess drops, they somehow seems to drop worse.

7. Rack

Rack IncGamers Member

Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean you messed up your meph quest?

Do you mean you normally do meph runs in games where the Meph quest has already been completed? Meaning you never took your blizz sorc to act4 (before the messup)?

Does it really screw up the meph drops if you complete the quest? What I mean is is it confirmed that it will lessen his drop rate/quality if you complete that quest?

I'm also restarting my mf blizz sorc, but only cuz I created a lite sorc that is nowhere near "Godly" yet still puts my blizz sorc to shame. I know my blizz sorc will never be "Godly" cuz it's purely a mf'er but I'd still like to have a bit more than 490 mana and some fcr. Plus, I want to increase my mf%. Right now I'm at 487. I want to get it up to 600+.

8. AnimeCraze

Yes, according to his posts.
    The quest drop of Meph is simply better, according to the data files in the game.

9. Vespar

Vespar IncGamers Member

Yes, Animecraze is correct on both counts.

10. Alc

Alc IncGamers Member

487 is overkill and 600+ will likely decrease your killing speed to the point where you are doing half as many runs for a tiny gain in drops. Never sacrifice killing speed for mf (especially not beyond 300%, because of rapidly diminishing returns).

11. AnimeCraze

As long as he hits the 105 FCR mark, I think it doesn't matter. The killing time is just so small anyways, compared to the tele time, if he is simply hitting meph and andy. I could be wrong, though.

12. Rack

Rack IncGamers Member

I'm not concerned with killing speed on a mf character. So I take 2 extra seconds to kill meph. Sorry, but that's not a big "Sacrifice" in killing speed.

Not to mention a great deal of the mf% increase will come from charms and "Better" equipment that I'm already wearing (ex. 50% wartravs instead of the 39% I'm currently wearing).

13. Alc

Alc IncGamers Member

And that's not the kind of sacrifices I'm talking about. Spec me your suggestion for a >600mf sorc and we'll see what sacrifices you're making - as AnimeCraze suggests, if you drop below 105fcr you're going to be losing significant speed.

14. AnimeCraze

Spirit + wiz + magefist is already 105. The rest (including the switch) can be dedicated to MF gear.