Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Boston

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by th5418, Apr 8, 2004.

1. th5418

th5418 Banned

Boston

Yeah, so in two days I'm going to Boston. What is there to do there? I'm also taking the car up to Canada to Niagara Falls. So, whats to do in Boston? Any OTFers live there? Or near Niagara Falls? I bet I'll just be on the computer at that place going on the OTF since I would be bored. :scratch:

2. Technetium

Technetium IncGamers Member

There's the MFA (art museum), and in the general vicinity of there you can also find Fenway Park. There might even be a Red Sox game there. I forget what day they start their home opener. Head out to Harvard Square (the Red line outbound to Alewife will stop there) for a place full of "cool" stores. You can also do a lot of shopping at Downtown Crossing. If you want a good view of the city, the John Hancock building normally has a viewing area on the top floor (it's the tall reflective glass building, at the Copley Square stop on the Green line).

I don't live there, but I live close enough that I get to go there whenever I have reason to. It's one of my favorite cities.

3. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

I'm actually going to be in Boston this Saturday at a Death Cab for Cutie and Ben Kweller show at the Avalon Club. If you wanted to chill out for a few minutes I will be at the Burrito Max on Commenwealth Ave. after the show. (6 pm show so should be over by 9 at the latest.)

4. dantose

dantose IncGamers Member

Freedom trail is a nice DIY walking tour if you like history. USS Constitution is good too.

You also have the aquarium and quiney market during the day

For night life there is nicks comedy stop and Rock Bottom Brewery (they are right near each other) There are a ton of clubs around.

5. Croup

Croup IncGamers Member

If you want to shop or eat in snobby open-air restaurants, try Newbury St. I'd be more a fan of bar-hopping or Fenway Park, but that's my type of thing.

6. th5418

th5418 Banned

I don't think you want to chill with a 14 year old. Yeah, definate no.

7. SuggestiveName

Hehehe, I'm not THAT much older than you. Burrito Max is good eats, but I see you don't want to meat a random person from a gaming forum.

Can't blame you in the slightest.

8. DemBonez

DemBonez IncGamers Member

Newbury street is always good. Just sitting back and relaxing on the common is quite fun. Not sure if the Ducktours are open but that was rather fun and a good way to see the city. The Red Sox start on Friday(I think), but I'd be kind of surprised if you could find tickets with the hype and all. Fannual Hall is good as well, the street performances are worth a laugh or two.

Basically it's like every other city just change a few things here and there.

9. Dj_Otaku

Dj_Otaku IncGamers Member

Your seeing Deathcab? Grrrr...I hate you. ;) Actually I'll be seeing them and a whole bunch of other bands at the end of this month. It's called Coachella, and it's a two day event with some really good bands, including Deathcab. :)

Dj_Otaku

10. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

Go see the Red Sox lose! hahahahaha

11. th5418

th5418 Banned

I'm fine with seeing people from forums. My parents are not though.
    "THEY ARE RAPISTS!"
    Thats what they said when I asked them wether I could go to a LAN on a CS server I played on...

12. Anyee

Anyee IncGamers Member

I live in Boston. I live three blocks from the Fenway and I work above Burrito Max in Kenmore Square. Aquarium is great and the city is gorgeous. You can wave at me from the street? :howdy:

13. SuggestiveName

You are going to COACHELLA?!?!? I hate YOU!!! I tried so hard to get to go this year, as many if not all of my favorite bands are playing... and the FREAKING PIXIES reunion!!!! Unfortunately I am too far away and the show happens to take place the week before finals.

The world hates me I tells yah.

But yeah, Death Cab will be sweet.

Anyee: I will be sure to wave. And by wave I do mean egg your window.

th5418: Your parents are right, I AM a rapist.

14. th5418

th5418 Banned

Sure Anyee, let me see Burrito Max? Got to visit there I guess. And above it, just to see Anyee.

EDIT : are you male or female. How tall and how much you weigh. :cheesy:

15. Dj_Otaku

Dj_Otaku IncGamers Member

Oh, I know. Coachella has so many good bands playing, it is not even funny. To bad you couldn't go, heh.

Dj_Otaku

16. Anyee

Anyee IncGamers Member

I am a girl, I am teh short, and I weigh more than I should, but less than what would be really scary. What time will you be there?

17. GIR

GIR Banned

Good luck driving in Boston. If I never see Massachusetts Ave or the city of Cambrige again, I'll be a happy person.

Damn you Manray.

18. th5418

th5418 Banned

I don't know. Shoot, I dont know if my parents would let me go. Ill be on a plane to Boston from California on Friday 9 AM PST. Get there by 3 PM PST. Which....would be 7 over tehre. Maybe on Saturday or Sunday if I get to suggest it. So, you work ABOVE Burrito Max? Resturant? Lunch?

19. Anyee

Anyee IncGamers Member

Well, you could take your parents to Kenmore Square in the name of seeing the Fenway (which is cool) and the Charles River (which is also cool) and I could meet all three of you. I am not scary with parents.

20. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

Wow that would be so awesome to meet someone on the forums. th can I come with you to meet Anyee? Then we can have a 3 way meeting!