Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

boss troubles

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by BadCarma247, Feb 4, 2004.

1. BadCarma247

BadCarma247 IncGamers Member

boss troubles

Ok, i have a ladder lightning javazon that i made last week. Im pretty new to javazons as i usually play paladins and druids. But right now she is level 60 and at baal nightmare and only reason i have gotten her that far is because i have had a friend kill all the bosses for me because i CANT.

She is awsome in groups of monsters and i have a little trouble with the uniques and stuff but my valk and merc take care of that.

But i cant seem to kill any bosses. I am using level 24 LF. I have determined that LF isnt good for single monsters so what can i use in its place? Maybe fend?

I have tried the poison skills and i dont think i like those to well, but i could be wrong because they are low slvl.

So anyways, my quesiton is what skill should i use to kill bosses and not get myself killed in the process.

2. Malignant

Malignant IncGamers Member

Hmm, post your skill point allocations. I have a javazon, and she is going through hell with no problem, solo'd all of act5, without really uber gear, i.e. my titans is low ed, etc.

Charged strike does wonders for bosses. I took down hell diablo solo just using charged strike in around 30-40 seconds, and I havent even synergized them completely. Poison is useful for the lightning immunes, and the dmg is nothing to laugh about either, as my dmg is around 13K fully synergized, and this is rather low, as I havent got any plus jav skill charms.

Hopefully you haven't pumped fend, as while it was fun in 1.09, it is rather useless in my opinion now. 1 point in jab is great, with the plus skills, helps refill mana bulb when throwing lf depletes you.

Overall, charged strike is an amazing boss killer, without a doubt.

3. BadCarma247

my skill allocations is pretty sparatic... this is my first javazon. but i have like 5-9 points in all the lightning skills, 3 points in each poison, 3 in valk, 4 in critical strike, 2 in penetrate, 7 in pierce.

So i should go with poison for light immunes and CS for bosses? i'll try to put the rest of my points in those. I think i screwed up so it wont be as good but its my first javazon so oh well.

oh and level 24 LF

4. Malignant

Malignant IncGamers Member

Your skill allocation seems fine. As long as you placed points in skills that maximize their synergy potential, which you seem to have done, then the point distribution you mentioned seems fine, although I would seriously begin to concentrate on a particular skill, as to continue spreading them in that manner may not be the most efficient way of distribution. But again, experiment and you may feel it works for you.

Although poison synergies are nice, they do take a while to work. They only problems my javazon is having is with the light/poison immune glooms in certain areas of act5. My resists are maxed, and I even have some absorbs, so their attacks dont really bother me; however, it takes too long to physically beat them down with jab, not to mention their insistent mana drain, leaving me quite often guzzling mana potions faster than I knew was possible.

Your passive skills seem good, although I would recommend no more in penetrate, as lightning fury and charged strike do not require attack rating to hit, meaning you need only enough dex to max block, although i do have more. Lvl 24 light fury is okay, perhaps you might consider leaving pierce as it is, and then getting a razortail. It will do wonders for light fury.

The reason I like charged strike is all the additional lightning bolts that spark off when you hit. Usually, when fighting a boss, all of those bolts will end up hitting the boss, meaning that dependent upon skill level, you could be hitting the boss with massive amounts of bolts, each doing the amount listed on your skill tab. It makes a difference.

Additionally, perhaps a might or holy freeze merc will be beneficial as well. I currently have a holy freeze merc, but he has kelpie snare and blackhorn's face(sp?) which both have massive slow. Granted, he does crap dmg, but I use him primarily to case the monsters to group toward him and be slowed by his attacks, while I LF them.

Maxing poison may or may not be a great idea, dependent upon your degree of patience. If you used to play necros in 1.09 and were used to their killing speed, then by all means :xsmile: . It all depends. I can usually wipe out a group of light immunes in one or two javs, while they frantically attack my decoy. Somewhat on a related note, I've noticed that while both plague javalin and valk have a casting delay, they seem to be interconnected, meaning you cant throw a jav and then cast valk immediately, just FYI.

5. BadCarma247

thanx for the advice. I just scored a titans revenge so my LF and CS are getting better. I'll try out some poison once i have CS maxed and see how it works. Thanx a lot.