Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Boss Strategy Help Please

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by superdude0526, Jan 28, 2004.

1. superdude0526

superdude0526 IncGamers Member

Boss Strategy Help Please

I'm at clvl 25 and have skellies and an Iron Golem. I plan on maxing Golem Mastery and Iron Golem along with Skeleton Mastery and Rasie Golem. I currently have an act2 defensive merc that has been leveling quite nicely but I would like to know what strategy should I be using to fight BOSS monsters like Diablo, Baal, Meph, Duriel and Andariel?

Duriel took care of my skeletons quite easily and if it was not for an Javazon with me, Duriel probably would have killed me too. Fighting Meph was not that bad, although again my minions were eventually killed off but Meph was almost dead by then and me and the Iron Golem him finsihed him off. I have basically been using Amp Damage.

I would like to know what strategy is the most effective against these BOSS monsters and does that change once you reach NM and Hell modes?

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

First things first. What is your current set-up and what level were you when fighting Duriel.

Because Norm Duriel and Norm Big D will probably be your hardest fight.

BTW: Maxing IG is not really that effective. Not that I am saying that you shouldn't do it but, there are other more effective means of using your skill points.

3. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

Might I point you towards my "skellimancer bible"? It should answer your questions concerning golems and such.

IHMO

Not worth maxing. 1 pt into clay will work wonders. Also, your using a defensive merc. I'd say change that up quickly, to an a2 / nm / offensive.

g

:yep:

4. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

I suppose he would have to get to NM before he could do that... All of my clvl 25 characters are usually in Norm Act 3.

5. TPMdm

TPMdm IncGamers Member

Defiance merc + Iron Golem = lower chance for returned damage. If IG's return damage is going to be you primary damage dealer you might want to try a prayer merc. If he is just going to be another tank for your skellies ditch him and use a 1 point clay golem instead along with a might or blessed aim merc

6. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

What is your skellimancer bible?

7. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

it's stickied.

it's basically a collection of information from the past few weeks about SKELLIMANCER's.

it's not one particular BUILD, it's not a "guide", but it's just a ton of info about the guy.

g

:yep: