Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

boss killer

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by promax, Feb 17, 2004.

1. promax

promax IncGamers Member

boss killer

I have a hybrid amazon with max LF and GA. LF is a good group killer and GA is good for pvp. So with those 2 maxed what can I use for the best boss killer? I am only lvl 55 and I have 10 skills saved up so far. I dont want to use them till i find out what the best skill is for boss killing. Thx for any info

maxizon

2. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

I've heard in a few threads that Charged Strike is a fast boss killer, and it also happens to be in synergy with LF, both ways =). Still currently making my javazon, but I'm guessing the high damage charged bolts released from the attack will deal heavy damage if many or all hit the boss. This might be the fastest zon way to kill a boss, but the safest might still be guided arrow. However, I don't think that you can leech meph or diablo with a ranged attack anymore =(.

3. promax

promax IncGamers Member

thx for the reply. I keep hearing that charged strike is strong but i see on battle net that power strike deals more damage. so would power strike kill faster or would the charge bolts from CS make up the differance. Not sure just trying to cover all bases. thanks

4. sJw_shan

Great question promax. Although power strike (for example) at lvl 20 does 1-646 lightning damage, this is only one attack. Charged strike at lvl 20 releases 7 bolts and each bolt does 1-322 damage, so thats 2254 damage. With plus skills, you'll release more bolts and do more damage per bolt. I haven't used the skill yet myself, but I am guessing that the boss will usually be hit by a decent number of bolts each attack, so that it still does more damage than power strike.

On a side note, you might want to consider using Thunderstroke mat. jav. for your CS attack. It adds +2-4 to jav skills and +3 to lightning bolt, which as a synergy will add 30% more damage to your CS skill (10% x 3 skill lvls). The -15% to enemy lightning resistance mod will help u even more, and the 1-511 added lightning damage is just more icing.

5. Red-Dog

Red-Dog IncGamers Member

Charged Strike is #1. Strafe works well too.

6. sJw_shan

Yea now if I can recall correctly, I believe that I once heard someone in a thread say they could kill hell baal solo with 4 CS hits. Can anyone confirm this killing power?

7. slayer37

slayer37 IncGamers Member

Actually, for monsters like diablo and baal, all the bolts from CS will hit so the damage will be enormous. With CS, I can normally bring down baal in a jiffy. IMO, CS = best boss killer for zons if not all classes. :D

Nope, the +3 to lightning bolt will not add 30% more damage to CS because only real skill points add up to synergy.

8. sJw_shan

- Ohh yea...
    Thanks for the tip once again slayer.

9. promax

promax IncGamers Member

sorry I havent got back to the forum in a couple of days. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted to the thread. All the information was very helpful. Oh yeah one thing I noticed. Someone stated that synergies added 10% per skill. I believe that is wrong. I am pretty sure all the lightning synergies only add 1% per skill. Anyways thx again for the info

cya

10. sJw_shan

Oh yea that wasn't clarified. CS gets a 10% bonus from 4 different synergies. 1% bonus is the synergy bonus that lightning fury gets.

11. Boooyakasha

Boooyakasha IncGamers Member

GA will not be able to kill boss sufficiently, I think Baal/Diablo has 50% chance to block, that will take a long time to kill him, not to mention that now GA need line of sight to work. Strafe will work much better than GA, more arrows will hit, even though the Next Delay kicks in, but still not good enough. Those tentacles will draw your Strafe arrows.

Charge Strike is the winner. At slvl 20, with synergies from LF using Titan, you will release 8 bolts each deals around 1-1300 damage. Monsters with size like Eldritch onwards will absorb them all. Already powerful as it is, there is another god sent unique javalin, Thunderstroke which -15% Enemy Lightning Resistance and + lot of Java skills.

12. sJw_shan

So bosses can block a guided arrow? I know GA sometimes seems to just be absorbed into the bodies of bosses / monsters / even players, i wonder if that's a bug in animation, or if defense can repel a guided arrow? heh i wonder...