Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

"Boss Farm Mod" & Best Char vs Bosses

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Fuzzier, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Fuzzier

Fuzzier IncGamers Member

"Boss Farm Mod" & Best Char vs Bosses

In Phrozen Keep forums, I saw a post about how to make a mod to add bosses in Moo Moo Farm (I added Meph, Diablo, Baal, NumMon=5).
    I tested several characters there, and I found a character viable for such place is a CS/LF Javazon.
    I encountered a multi-shoot Baal with some Baal-minions once, lagging my machine, with tentacles & fireworks all over. Very painful experience, but after killing it, I had great fun!
    Any suggestions on other character builds suitable to run such place?

2. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

We do not allow links to drop mods (or tutorials for drop mods) even if they are hosted on the Phrozen Keep. You should read our mod policy which is here.

I've removed the link from your post. I am going to leave this thread open for a bit, since the theoretical discussion on how to beat such monsters is okay, but I will shut this down if it goes south.

3. nex

nex IncGamers Member

There was also article on dii.net how to start moding and there was explained how to add monsters to some area. Not sure how accurate that tutorial was, IIRC it was for 1.09.

I would like to see Blood Moor full of Ancients :grin: That would be funny challenge.

On topic: fishymancer or sin with Death Sentry should do well I guess, CE FTW.

4. Fuzzier

Fuzzier IncGamers Member

Sorry, I should have been more careful:embarassed:.
    I should have made bosses drop nothing at all.
    I don't care about drops in SP, I just want some challenge to test character builds.
    As Blizzard has already made us a great multi-boss area in realms --- the uber-tristram, so why not a multi-boss area in SP? Many builds may say "cows are jokes", then how about bosses?
    This is just the begining of the challenge, later I think "/playersX" should be employed to make it even harder, and this can be the ultimate test of character builds.

5. Fuzzier

Fuzzier IncGamers Member

Since there're multiple bosses, a mercenery dies very quickly, so they can be ignored in my opinion.
    I don't think DS sin can do multiple bosses, because bosses do not left corpses to use, and the number of cows are very limited.
    Sorc is too vulnerable to Baal's mana-burn breath, especially when facing multiple Baals & Baal-clones. Surely sorc can employ hit-and-run to do damage, but that is still very dangerous and may take hours to clear the farm.
    Barb just cannot hit often enough even with a 80+% chance to hit, and the damage output is trivial compared to CS zon.
    FishyNec may be ok by using the teleport-minion-stacking exploit, but with multiple bosses, a summoner nec may be exposed to other bosses while his minions are busy with one. Some strageties may be employed here, I'll test that later.

6. Deaddave

Deaddave IncGamers Member

how bout a zealot with dracs for life tap keep you alive,(Or just life tap wand,) angelics for the ar (should be bout 1000 from it) then with ar bonus from zeal you should be up to a decnt chance to hit. if not use a pb socted with the rune with minus defence(eld i think..) and load up with a stack of crushing blow. then theres the 'uber killing smiter' for another paladin idea you could try a hammerdin mass of damage of large areas.

also a barb with an ar merc mite work. (kit out with high leach and damage reduction on merc) freanzy or wirlwind would be good builds

not sure on druids someone with more druid knollage mite be able to help

assasin:maybe a martial araist using the lighting attack the tele port kick lots of cb

ammazon, im fresho ut of ideas the only 1 i had you have already said.

hmm thats me fresh out of ideas for now il probly post more later

7. Toppo

Toppo IncGamers Member

:scratch:

Name-lock + Blizzard?

Interesting mod anyway.