Boss AI?

ChrisF

Diabloii.Net Member
Boss AI?

Since playing the new patch I have noticed that the various bosses in the game totally ignore my mercenary and go directly for me.

When i faced off with Duriel he totally ignored the merc and made a beeline for me, usually he shatters my merc then comes after me.

Next up council/Meph, again they all ignored the merc, while he happily hacked away at them they were focused on me, and izzy was the same.

Have they changed the boss AI or is this just me imagining it?

aishilee

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Boss AI?

i don;t think so.. when i faced off with diablo with my merc.. he went for my merc instead of me.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member

1.12 was a no CD patch, that's it. I know it's hard to deal with, but desperately looking for minuscule changes that aren't worth anyone's time isn't going to change it.

TorchwoodI

Diabloii.Net Member

When i go for bosses and "super uniques" they always go for mercenary first.

The only exception is duriel who does go straight for me.

Mursilis

Diabloii.Net Member
There is a bug that causes the mercenary to "disappear" from the monster's sight, and so they will target you instead of him/her. While I'm not 100% of all the circumstances that could lead to this occurring, I've noticed it happen when my mercenary "disappears" from my sight first. S/He will still be attacking but not be visible on the screen. After using a WP or TP the mercenary will reappear but afterwards no monsters appear to target the mercenary. This is corrected by exiting the game, then re-enetering (or restarting if you are SP). That's been my encounter with the mercenary bug, but I'm sure there are more situations that can lead to it.

TorchwoodI

Diabloii.Net Member

I last ladder i played both L and NL and the Ai's are the same. Mursilis thansk for the info.

SnickerSnack

Diabloii.Net Member

NM Diablo ignores my merc - about 30 runs so far. I haven't noticed anything precede this, and D is the only boss that seems to do this.

Evasive

Diabloii.Net Member

I have noticed recently that bosses do tend to ignore your merc. I can't comment as to whether that is intentional or not, but it reduces the effect of a tanking merc if the boss walks straight past him.