Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

BoS or Fade?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by xLordOfTerrorx, Apr 8, 2004.

1. xLordOfTerrorx

xLordOfTerrorx IncGamers Member

BoS or Fade?

I am making a TS/DTail assassin and I just wanted your input on which is more useful. I am lvl 18 with 8 pts in TS, and 1 pt each in CM, Psychic Hammer, BoS, DTalon, DClaw, DTail, WB, CoS, SWarrior, Cobra Strike, and Fade. Please do not give me gear suggestions, I just want your input on whether to go with BoS or Fade for this build.

Thanks in advance to all who respond.

2. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

I'd use a -30 WSM claw/sword and go with Fade, since it should be quite easy to get the required IAS for last breakpoint.

3. BIGeyedBUG

BIGeyedBUG IncGamers Member

It's kind of hard to answer without knowing something about your gear, or wealth.

If you don't have anything, I think going BoS is easier. It's much easier to make up the resists and some of the PDR than the IAS. If you're HC, than the choice is harder.

If you have a lot of stuff--+skills, shaels, IAS jewels with a nice 2nd mod, etc.--than I'd go with Fade. Like Zarhrezz said, if you can get to that last breakpoint without making too many sacrifices, why not? Even getting to an 8-frame attack instead of 7 would probably be enough to make me take Fade.

The question is, what is "too many sacrifices." Nobody can answer that without knowing what equipment you've got.

4. xLordOfTerrorx

xLordOfTerrorx IncGamers Member

Sorry, I forgot to post my equipment. I am a poor man, so don't expect me to conjure anything great for equipment. I am using 2 rare wrist blades, one with 5% ll and the other with 4% ml in addition to the other stats (which include only ed, +dmg, and +ar). I have a Bloodfist, a rare ring (+resists, but not much), and everything else is magic (blue text). I have a couple rare claw-class weapons that I can't use yet (lvl req) and a couple Cruel Scissors Katars (one with 249% ed and the other with 271% ed and 9% ll) that I'm saving for later. I was lucky to find these claws at nm Anya with my Druid. With all my gear on, all of my resists are below 20. I have just over 200 life and around 50 mana (no points in energy). I have about 45 str and dex and 55 vit.

Again, thanks in advance to all who respond.

5. ninefootnails

ninefootnails IncGamers Member

You might want to put some into BF, you get leach for every blade.

6. BIGeyedBUG

BIGeyedBUG IncGamers Member

Well, it hardly matters at this point. Just put 1 point in BoS and whip through normal. I really don't think you need the resist from Fade yet--just pick up a few charms, rings, etcetera for the tough elemental attacks like Diablo's.

After that...well, here's your choices basically:

Continue to use BoS. It'll be really easy to hit your maximum speeds with TS and pretty easy with Dtail no matter what weapon you use. Your resists will be a problem, but Weapon Block will take care of some of that, and they're fairly easy to get from socketing, equipment, charms, etcetera.

Go to Fade. Resists will be good and you'll have some PDR--always nice on a melee build. You will be slower unless you dedicate a lot of your equipment to speed. IAS obviously, but you'll also have to use the fastest claws available. That means Greater Talons and Runic Talons, with as much IAS as you can get on your screen-left claw. If you really want close to the maximum speed with both TS and Dtail you'll probably have to get 20% Gloves and IAS in your armor. It'll be a lot easier to max your TS (which you'll be using 75% of the time) than your Dtail, so I'd recommend only going so far with it.

BoS sounds easier, doesn't it? Pretty much it is, unless you've got access to some really fine gear.