Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Borlag's Weekly Tournament Thread - February 9th

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Borlag, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Borlag's Weekly Tournament Thread - February 9th

Ok, time for the new one again...this time with a twist...

I want you guys to suggest me a brand new tournament that wouldn't take that much administrating from me (meaning, no hours of sitting in a game or something like that). The deadline for posting these here is 13th day, and after that I will be holding a vote on these, winner will take grabs again from the tourney stash like this:

10 normal set/unique items
    or 2 exceptional set/unique items
    or 1 elite set/unique item

This one should be easy for everyone since it doesn't matter how long you've played, or where you play or anything like that. MF tourneys, PvP tourneys, PvM tourneys, item hunts...all welcome, but try to make it unique in that don't just copy the other people's ideas :)

And before anyone asks, posts the ideas in this thread, no e-mails this time :)

2. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

why not a pvp-touney with background information?
    like everybody makes a char already know, like king arthur... a paladin with a crown and a long two-handed sword... only normal attack may be used cause we all know king arthur couldnt do magic :teeth: or euhm conan the barbarian.. a almost naked barb with a huge sword.. everbody writes a background story on their char and why they are participating in the tourney...

my char will be Sabrewulf, a WW druid who got tired with killerinstinct and wanted something else for a change :lol: just kidding ^^

good luck with your tourney

robin

3. farting bob

farting bob Banned

i want to see a herding tourney. how can take a screesnhot fo the most cows in a 800 X 600 screenshot. can be in normal, nm or hell, but you have to play the highest cows lvl possible, no uber defence in norm so you can get all the cows and jsut stad there, the cows will test you and see how good you really are at avioding them. assasin and barbs will have an advanteg with possible faster run speeds, but any character coudl do well. he only admin you will need to do is confirm the winner borlag. jsut make everyen count there own, then tell you, you confirm the top 3 to make sure no-one cheats.
    seems like a good idea at the time and meets all your requirements.

4. beau_nidle

beau_nidle IncGamers Member

Haven't really posted tournement ideas but how about a trying to find the hardest to kill unique monster! I.e. lightning enchanted, stone skin, immune to physical, etc. And then killing it, would just need a screen grab before and after, and as farting bob said you only need to check the top three to ensure that no one is cheating!

5. i_marsolek

i_marsolek IncGamers Member

I gave about 5 ideas for tourney's in the last thread that I thought were pretty decent, but they were eaten in the crash. I just post one of them here:

Treasure Hunt: simple enough. Ask the group to find 10 items of your choice. 1 cracked quilted armor. 1 rare weapon, 1 stack of 23 strangling gas potions, A unique axe, etc.... You can vary the difficulty to different levels or experience. (easier itmes for newer players, harder items for more expereined players) Just post a list and then whoever completes it first gets the stash. It is unlikely that everyone will have a stash full of the 10 items, so it will curb dishonesty.

If you need more ideas I have quite a few.

6. Death_Dealer

Death_Dealer IncGamers Member

Here is a radical idea. Strip poker style D2. Here goes...

1. Each act you pass you have to remove a piece of clothing, this includes everything you WEAR but not your weapons. Once the slot is empty you cannot equip that slot again. Once you pass normal you can move onto NM, then hell following the same rules. Eventually you will be naked except for your weapon.
    2. The person who wins is the one who completes (all missions) the most acts. In case of a tie you can start counting missions complete, then score or something along those lines. I will leave it up to the consensus on tie breakers.
    3. Hardcore baby!
    4. You can twink but once a slot is empty it has to stay that way.
    5. Stuff in your stash/inventory does not count towards what you wear.
    6. You can have a merc but the same rule applies if you bring him to the next act, he loses an item of clothing. (maybe weapon too here?).
    7. If your merc dies then he is dead but you can get one from the next act and equip him again, but no going back to hire from a previous act.

Well what do you think? suggestions?

*Edit* - you guys can vote on minions or not, I say not but that would hurt your caster classes I think. Not sure how to keep that fair if allowed, maybe everyone plays the same char type?

7. ricrestoni

ricrestoni IncGamers Member

Simple enough, you must find:
    -the first and the last of all items in alphabetical order
    -the item whose name has the most letters

Or even... the last mail who arrives at your inbox, before sunday 3:45 PM, with a char equipped only with cracked stuff.

8. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

I like Ricrestoni's alphabet one :)

9. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

A reminder for everyone, there's about 4 more hours until I post the vote on this tourney, so you still have time to post your suggestions, who knows, you might be the winner :D

10. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

the ultimate marathon tourney of speed !
    - SC !
    - start with -act5
    - can't return act 1
    - no muling

classement : kill baal in normal with minimum xp !

11. Jezzwashere

Jezzwashere Banned

yeah... that -act5 thing will go down really well... with all the comotion goin on

12. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

for tourney purposes things like these are allowed as they're not connected to normal games at all.

13. brainfloss

brainfloss IncGamers Member

The last item in alphabetical order is a Zod rune!!!

14. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

nah, I've seen Zzoth's crude Dagger...though it was personalized by one annoying guy...yes, his name was Zzoth :lol:

15. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

1. First LARGEST (in bytes) d2s character file recieved = winner . lol.. pretty simple.. hahaha. I don't know how the game saves those bits though... so someone with in depth knowledge of the game would have a big advantage.

2.FIRST mule recieved with griswold PUNCHED (possibly.. kicked?) dead with LEAST xp wins.

16. Bolinbrooke

Bolinbrooke IncGamers Member

Not a good idea :(

17. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

3. First person to send in a weapon that has same minimum and maximim damage wins. Pretty rare though... I think it may not spawn same... but the max will +1 can't really remember. To get a weapon like this, you'll need a lot of + min damage on a weapon. Up to you is socketing is allowed =D. If it is, then... 1 socket short sword with sol... duh... lol...

4. BEST rhyme shield. Pretty difficult though.... you have to find a shield that already has really good resist, then you gotta pray that it'll get two sockets... (either quest or cube it).

5. Character with the most soul stones... lol. Max will be three of course... But the Participant will have to send in a dated screenshot of when he starts his character, and when he gets his last soulstone. Lowest level achieved, experience gained can also be factored if wished.

18. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

6.First person to send in a slowest attacking character. lol. This pretty easy, just need some research...

7. Most monster TYPES in a screenshot wins... =D. Difficulty, character limit, etc.. i dunno about that.

8. I'm out of ideas.... lol

19. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

Okay Okay... here's a very sadistic one...

8. Person who loses the most XP wins... HAHAHA. You'll have to get a high level character, that's just about to level, and then go lose all your exp... OUCH. Some people might back up thier character files first though...

20. Huorn

Huorn IncGamers Member

I don't see why that's not a good idea. In fact I rather like it. After all it'd be a tourney only char, no items get transferred to other chars, no MPing with other chars (probably none at all).

The prize'd come out of Borlag's Tourney stash I suppose, so no problems there either.

None item dependant classes with a good killing speed at lvl 33'd have an advantage, off course. But most tourney favour some builds / classes over others.