Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Booyaka (Leap Attack) Barb Weapon

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Derrick1001, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Derrick1001

Derrick1001 IncGamers Member

Booyaka (Leap Attack) Barb Weapon

Hello All.

I was just wondering what the best weapon would be for a new leap attack barb I was thinking of making. My choices as of now are a Bonehew (polearm class), Etherial Edge (axe, two handed), and a FlameBellow (two handed sword), and an IK maul.

I'm aware that weapon range has some effect on leap attack, anyone care to make a suggestion?

2. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

I believe that attack speed has no effect on leap attack attack speed when you actually do your hit upon landing. Therefore i would recommend some insane damage weapon such as a cranium basher for the amp damage and 75% crushing blow as well as decent max damage (560). That or any big physical damage weapon regardless of attack speed.

3. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

i would say... GOGOGO eth botd weapons :yep:

specialy an eth botd thundermaul, for really the moost extreme superhuge pure raw damage.
    Or an eth botd war pike, for best dmg by maximum range.

for easyest playing the war pike would be best i guess, since more range makes for easyer hits.

of cource these things are expensive, and if you can only choose from those you mentioned, either bonehew for range + dmg or etherial edge for pure dmg. IF you are wearing more of the IK set, considder the IK maul... has nice dmg and crushing blow as wel.

4. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

from my old .09 leap barb experience:
    1. nothing affects airtime.
    2. there is a delay after you land where the game is searching for the nearest target. this is also unaffected by anything.
    3. i believe the swing is also unaffected by ias, but it appears that they changed it in .10.
    4. the search function mentioned in #2 is unaffected by range. a mob can be 2 yards away from you, and you are using a range 5 wep, but you won't even take a swing because the game thinks nothing is in range.

but, just for the fun factor, i would go with etheral edge, bonehew on a merc (i assume you are making this barb just to use up these mule fillers?) there is a great leap attack build at lurker lounge too. it is meant for fooling around in parties:

20 leap
    20 leap attack
    1-20 bash
    20 mastery
    20 BO

use leap like howl, and push monsters up against the walls so your party members can finish them off one at a time. for small groups or single monsters, that guy thought of a great 1 hit kill attack: bash a monster backwards, and while it is in kb, leap attack on it.

5. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

I guess you are referring to Swarmalicious' Leap Attack guide.

Since that guide is posted on his own personal web space I can even post a link to it without getting in conflict with the forum rules.

BTW, weapon range does matter in determining what he can autotarget after landing.

6. thehulkbus

thehulkbus IncGamers Member

Can anyone give me suggestions as far as gear goes. Lets go with a few suggestions medium range gear to high end gear that would be best for the leaper build. "I have a botd war pike" which i feel is a good start!

7. NinjaTurtleRocky

NinjaTurtleRocky IncGamers Member

find a thundermaul with a butt load of sockets....MAKE YOUR OWN...put some nice dmg jewel/runes/gems....WUTEVA u can afford!!! thats wut imma do anyways!

8. Blackmoore

Blackmoore IncGamers Member

Fer something really, really early, would the rune work Malice work ok (if I balanced it out with some rings?)