Boost in MF when you kill something at the same time as you lvl? d

Radiance

Diabloii.Net Member
Boost in MF when you kill something at the same time as you lvl?

Anyone else notice this? I'd been doing NM Baal runs for a while, and I decided one night that I was just going to do them til I leveled, which took a long time, but I found crap right until when I killed him at the same time I leveled and he dropped an occy and a gaze.

I had suspected this when I was doing NM Meph also, I would get assorted crap until I killed him at the same time as I leveled.

I'm not talking about just one or two uniques and 3-4 magical or rares, when I killed meph and baal when I leveled, there were like 5 or 6 ALL unique.

I was just wondering if this was already a fact or if anyone else had noticed.

Radiance

Diabloii.Net Member
Usufruct said:
Coincidence is a funny thing. Levelling or level has nothing to do with magic find.
That's what I thought too, until it happened a second time. I'll probably try it again when I'm closer to leveling, but it just seems like a VERY large coincidence to have two separate occasions where I killed a boss when I leveled and near all of the items were uniques, regardless of TC.

festers50

Diabloii.Net Member
Radiance said:
That's what I thought too, until it happened a second time. I'll probably try it again when I'm closer to leveling, but it just seems like a VERY large coincidence to have two separate occasions where I killed a boss when I leveled and near all of the items were uniques, regardless of TC.
Luck is probably the over riding factor for you, the only thing I "always" experience when achieving a level is some extra lag. :scratch:

MY congrats on your luck. :drink:

Usufruct

Diabloii.Net Member
Radiance said:
Aye, a large coincidence to be sure. However large coincidences are what cause people to believe things that aren't true. Superstitions are born from said coincidences.

Killfrenzy

Diabloii.Net Member
If i stand on one foot with one finger on the back of my head while making the final click on an act boss i get a wf, draculs, GF, SS, and a complete set of BoTD runes every time!

Sorry radiance its 99.99999% likely its just a coincidence

Radiance

Diabloii.Net Member
Killfrenzy said:
If i stand on one foot with one finger on the back of my head while making the final click on an act boss i get a wf, draculs, GF, SS, and a complete set of BoTD runes every time!

Sorry radiance its 99.99999% likely its just a coincidence
I usually do a headstand and click the left mouse button with my toe right as I'm falling over...that usually works. Otherwise my strategy includes taking a sip of beer every time Baal hits me with his stupid poke, I tried that once and got a BotD already made for me. :)

schlip

Diabloii.Net Member
There can be many explanations to past events.. however they don't really matter. See how well prediction works for your theory.

Usufruct

Diabloii.Net Member
Speaking of baal, his stupid giant cold V is the most annoying thing EVER. Sometimes he shoots it like 5 times in a row. It doesn't even hurt, it just knocks me back over and over.

Radiance

Diabloii.Net Member
Usufruct said:
Speaking of baal, his stupid giant cold V is the most annoying thing EVER. Sometimes he shoots it like 5 times in a row. It doesn't even hurt, it just knocks me back over and over.
Totally, I hate it when there is two of him and they both decide to shoot you with the cold V at the same time, or also when they double team you with the flame thing and there goes all your mana.

Unsane

Diabloii.Net Member
Radiance said:
Totally, I hate it when there is two of him and they both decide to shoot you with the cold V at the same time, or also when they double team you with the flame thing and there goes all your mana.
Yes.. extremely annoying that knockback-thingy.

And speaking of.. uh.. an act boss.. I was doing a Meph run the other day and he dropped five piles of gold and a greater healing potion. Didn't know it could even happen. Thx Meph.

Another bit of useless trivia: The Countess can indeed drop no runes at all. Happened to me several times.. (..I remember ppl debating 'bout this some time ago)

Oh and Usufruct, wasn't Jesus just a human being like the rest of us? I bet I could microwave a burrito so hot that Jesus couldn't eat it.. or at least enough to get his tongue badly burned. :scratch: