Bonus points!

zodiac66

Diabloii.Net Member
Bonus points!

Everyone that showed up for classes today got bonus points. I so did not want to go, but I drug my butt out of bed and went. Glad I did.

I would guess 75% of the university was gone today.

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd say it was around 30-40% gone in my classes. I know my brain checked out last night. Somehow my body found its way to school. I wish I got bonus points for it.

Module88

Diabloii.Net Member
I had to get up for 8AM math class today. The way my professor figured it was, if we showed up, we wouldn't end up losing so many points on the final. :rolleyes:

skihard

Banned
I was at work at 6:30 this morning, will be at work by 7:00 tomorrow morning, only half a day though, working Friday, Saturday and maybe Sunday because we have customers coming in from France, Mexico and Tennessee on Tuesday and I have to have this job design done by then. Lucky me, I would have had it done without a problem if it wasn't for a crap load of customer driven changes on Monday.

oh and no damn bonus points and not even time and half.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
What is it, Thanksgiving today in the States? If so, then happy thanksgiving guys!

*Makes a note to splurge on some dinner*

RevenantsKnight

Diabloii.Net Member
What is it, Thanksgiving today in the States? If so, then happy thanksgiving guys!

*Makes a note to splurge on some dinner*
Thanksgiving in the U.S. is tomorrow. A lot of folks tend to take today off or partially off so they can travel, though.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, I've gotten quite a few bonus points over the years for attending every class. Teachers love to do their attendance checks those days too. Or show a movie. One thing I hated though, was waiting 3 hours in the library for my next class only to find it cancelled.

llad12

Diabloii.Net Member
Everyone that showed up for classes today got bonus points. I so did not want to go, but I drug my butt out of bed and went. Glad I did.

I would guess 75% of the university was gone today.
What kind of bonus points do you receive for said attendance?

Just curious ...

skihard

Banned
Such exotic pla...wait, Tennessee?
Yeah, the part suppliers, program manager is coming up from Tennessee, the car will be assembled in Mexico so the program manager from that plant is coming in, and the vehicle design team is from France so they of course have to come in to make sure the tool I'm designing to put the parts together works the way they think it should work. Sadly the guys from Tennessee will be the only ones that even have a clue of how the tool works and yet they have the least amount of say of the three groups in approval of the tool design and build.

just so everyone knows this is a Chrysler CUV so except it to be crap because of all the garbage they have going on with it and all the "cost short cuts" they are making.

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
when i went to school we called them "boobie points" not bonus points...i still don't know why...maybe dondrei can dig up a reference for the origins of the phrase "boobie points"?

Machina

Diabloii.Net Member
Heh, glad they don't do that on my university course. I only go to 2/10 classes on my timetable each week, throughout the year :tongue:

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
I never got any beracked teachers... not like all those lucky little bastards who get "sexually abused" by their super-hot female teachers in those news stories. Where the hell were those teachers when I was in school?

when i went to school we called them "boobie points" not bonus points...i still don't know why...maybe dondrei can dig up a reference for the origins of the phrase "boobie points"?
I think it's from the late Latin boobus pointus.

raffster

Diabloii.Net Member
I never got any beracked teachers... not like all those lucky little bastards who get "sexually abused" by their super-hot female teachers in those news stories. Where the hell were those teachers when I was in school?

I think it's from the late Latin boobus pointus.
I think people who are endowed with extremely good looks shouldn't teach. It's just inconsiderate to do so. In my college days I had a Spanish teacher who was so hot I started conjugating the spanish word for hot "Caliente" and I was supposed to conjugate a verb, not an adjective. Geez. That was embarrassing. Although I did make my hot teacher laugh.