Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

bonemancer vs windy

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by paul leung, Apr 24, 2008.

1. paul leung

paul leung IncGamers Member

bonemancer vs windy

i want to know if decp(curse) is going to reduce the damage of tonado by 50% also?also if terror going to work in pvp against minions?

2. EThug

EThug IncGamers Member

Re: bonemancer vs windy

Decrep increases damage done by 50%..So no, It won't decrease It.
    About Terror, I have no idea. Even If It did work, a good Windy will never give you an oppurtunity to cast. They're always moving.

3. NumtyDoo

NumtyDoo IncGamers Member

@EThug, you are only partly correct, decrep increases damage taken by the enemy by 50%, it also decreases the physical damage that the enemy does by 50%, and thier attack speed is reduced by 50% as well.

I do not believe that tornado is effected, as it is a spell, but i could be wrong. I think that only damage delivered by weapons (melee, and bow type) are effected by decrep.

4. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

Huh? decrip lower nado's damage? No.

Whether you should use terror on summons, eh... I guess it's the best curse you can have against a druid 1v1.
    Terror does work but minions will restack onto druid since they teleport all the time.

5. paul leung

thx,every 1

6. EThug

EThug IncGamers Member

Heh, I never knew that Decrep decreases their physical damage output. Pretty sexy curse.

7. synx

synx Diablo: IncGamers Member

I don't think decrep lowers physical damage by 50%, as my zealer does 8k... and 7k with decrep (no elemental damage charms).

8. NumtyDoo

i am sure that it does lower enemies phys damage output by 50% (PvM), however it may work differently in PvP, or against players.

9. DayDream

Only monsters apparently.

10. NumtyDoo

synx did say it lowered his damage though, just not 50%. maybe it is like the -% enemy def...against players, doesn't it just cancel enhanced def. Example if a player has 300% enhanced defence, and you have -100% to enemy defence, he doesn't have 0 def, he has his def reduced to 200%. So maybe against players, decrep subtracts 50% enhanced damage from your total enhanced damage.

11. DayDream

I haven't noticed my damage drop though when decriped and arreat summit did specifically say monsters where as they usually say "reduces damage output of enemies" or whatever.

12. paul leung

what about weakness?does it only effect physcial melee/range damage?but not physical spell?

13. PerfectEnigma

PerfectEnigma IncGamers Member

I haven't tried that on wind druids. Although Wind Druids are one of my toughest opponents. I remember back in the day I only dueled character classes that I thought I matched up well with. I don't do this anymore. I focus on dueling classes that are the hardest for me(such as Wind Druids, Es Sorcs, & Necs). I would go to a game and just focus on fighting Wind Druids if I was you, and well if you lose you lose. It will only make you better against them.

As I stated above, I focus more on dueling classes I have trouble with(not saying I don't ever lose to another class, but I think you guys know what I mean). This is the strategy I use against Wind Druids with my Bone Necro. You need to keep moving and not just backwards. You need to move in half circles, zig zag, etc., to confuse them on where you are going. While you do this keep firing 1-3(2 on average) teeth at them to break down their minions and possibly hit them. I will also switch to firing a couple spirits at them incase I break down their minions with the teeth. Occasionally, I will fire 1 spear if I see they are teleing after me in a straight line. You need to be patient and have a full belt of mana pots. Don't get over anxious if you see you have them hurt and namelock them and tele on them and try to finish them off. You will usually end up getting yourself killed. As they have much more life than you do. If you knock off their minions and they attempted to tele away from you to re-summon their wolves or bear & Oak Sage, keep your distance but stay after them and try to get in some hits on them.

I hope this helps against them. :)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  14. EThug

EThug IncGamers Member

Very good advice.
    Do not get fiesty with Druids. If they tele away to resummon, let them. Namelocking them will be a very costly mistake. Patience is the key, doesn't matter if you kill them within 30secs or 5mins, a win is a win. Maintain control in the duel and you will be victorious.

15. paul leung

if they tele away to resummon,i thought the best way is chase them(not nl though) apply pressure so they can't recast oak(without it their life will not much different as our)

16. PerfectEnigma

PerfectEnigma IncGamers Member

Yeah, you can chase them and attack from a safe distance. I do it a lot. Just don't get too close or namelock them. Beating a Wind Druid with a Bone Necro is all about dueling methodically.