Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

bonemancer vs 200 es fire sorc vs lighting

Discussion in 'PvP' started by paul leung, May 15, 2008.

1. paul leung

paul leung IncGamers Member

bonemancer vs 200 es fire sorc vs lighting

my build:max-block bonemancer with decrep curse.Reach 125 fcr and 87 fhr.
    how to go against them?with 95% resist and dwraf,their damage still hurt like hell.and to get that resist,i was force to lower my fcr to a lower fcr break point.And they tend to desyn too when I try to circle in to get name lock (not yet able to,because the smart one will tele away)even so ,I bet they can out tank with their es.Also with all the bm equiments against a lighting sorc (i got 85% light resist with t-god and have a 18% wisp and have fade) a lighting sorc(with es) still manage to ko me with 1 shoot,why ?(i don't see him using infinity) what equiments does he using?because he is such a bm player,so i didn't ask him.
    Can some bonemancer (max-block) share their experenice (ie: tactic and equiments)here against wierd build?And if possible ,is it possible to go aggressive against a trapper/ghost at all,I so far not able to do so,when ever i try get close,they mb me like mad.
    I duel in us west ladder pubby,so all equiments go(even to the point of bm, but i will try not to do so against gm player)

2. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

Re: bonemancer vs 200 es fire sorc vs lighting

if you're rocking 95%res AND 15% sorb from a dwarf you should have no trouble, at all, beating a fire sorc.

thats just stupid, ridiculous, BM amounts of 'sorb ur using.

at a guess, i'd say you're getting "Anya Bugged", your res isn't actually @ 95%, it's up to 30% lower than that.

and sheesh, learn to duel without the massive crutch of Sorb.

3. MysticDragon

MysticDragon IncGamers Member

Hotspurs are usually fine against Fire Sorcs. You may want to use a Splendor with Fire Golem, too. Hotspurs on Necs are considered GM on most realms, so it shouldn't be a big deal. As for Lightning, I'm pretty sure you can use 90 resist or Thundergod's for it's +10 Max Resist and +20 Integer Absorb.

4. paul leung

please, i did mention i only use those for bm player,i half finish my first pvp necro,so i was more of test the ablility of it.As i say,my 95% fire resist necro still lose to that fire sorc(anya bug,i don't think so,because i rejoin the game) and i even got fade on.The 95% from noko and infen boots.I was adding 1 equiment at a time till all 95%.Now I don't think the 95% +dwarf can complete sorb a 200 fcr sorc 's fire damage.
    Then can you tell me how a bonemancer (without sorb) beat a 200fcr Es nova sorc?Even in game,i heard a lot of people was laughing about how a Es sorc able lose to a bonemancer,so are you saying ES sorc shall take the advantage of bonemancer.well to me,if they are using Es to sorb magic damage,why not do the same.90% of sorc i meet in pubby are ES sorc,most of those are bm anyway.
    Over this few days of dueling,I actually more enjoy of duling bvc ,pally,windy, bowzon.
    There are a lot of werid builds in pubby and hackers too you know.I just want to perpare equiments for time.Now whoever duel in pubby doesn't have those in stash?

5. korialstraz

korialstraz IncGamers Site Pal

I don't so long as it's not part of my build. Meaning tgods on uber smiter for example.

If they bring in any bm char (fc zon or buged auradin) I will get my smiter, turn on light res/salvation aura and kill/nk them out of the game. :rolleyes:

sorry that I can't provide any help on how to beat es sorces, though I always heard that a bone nec will have a very difficult time against any ES sorc.

6. wizAdept

wizAdept IncGamers Member

pick your 1 piece of sorb for gm. Necros don't need more than just hotspurs to duel vs fb sorcs 1v1 gm, 2 piece sorb is excessive and bm.

If youre saying your faded 95% res + dwarf necro still lost to a 200 fire sorc then its your gameplay tactics you need to improve. Work on your accuracy, work on your speed. Use golem to stack, keep your golem alive at all times. Mix up spirit and spears.
    ES sorcs are not bm, just because you did not break their ES does not mean that you can not break their ES, and once you break es their life quickly drops, work on your gameplay and you may find them not so invincible. spurs are considered gm on necro vs fb sorc so just use them as your 1 piece sorb in gm duels, you may want to practice against pubbies with no sorb anyway, will make for better practice if you want to get good quicker.

It is a difficult class matchup without the 1 piece sorb being used so just keep that in mind.

7. paul leung

I don't have a hotspur.
    I notice that with continu spears,the es shield will break down,but the spear have to be in a continu row,otherwise all the sorc es duel i dueled will tele away to mana pot. but catching the smart one is so diffcult if they shoot-tele-shoot,they already 2 frames faster.
    One of the reson why I stack so much resist is I also want to pratice nl. And by no chance I want to tele-nl a smiter/barb/windy.
    How you guys duel those sorc anyway?on papper,if only hotspur,then resist is 90%? still a lot of fire damage. 16000/6 x 5% ,right?only take them 3 shot to bring down a max block necro,and let see ,only continu spear can kill them?but you will have to catch them first.actually,i don't even bother to put on much resist agaist those who stand still and spam,it is the smart 1 i wonder,because they have 2 frames faster and doing more damage.

8. Reticent Drappa

Reticent Drappa IncGamers Member

I've heard that as well, and, having es sorcs of my own, I can say that they can definately tank quite the number of bone spirits. Bone spear is a different matter, but all in all Es has a MUCH easier time vs bone necs than non es sorcs do.

I must agree with mephiztophelez and wizAdept that you really don't need to go to such lengths to negate thier dmg. Keep in mind that spirits are not nearly as effective as spears, and that teeth are virtually useless. Try to namelock and spear them. When you see them retreat from spears, take that opportunity to chase them (as best you can) and try to drain thier mana pool. It's not an easy duel if the sorceress is es (especially if 90+%).

9. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

If the sorc is a better player than you, spurs will not save you against a fire sorc, same goes for tgods wisp for lightning.

ES sorcies:

way faster cast than you
    way higher damage than you
    way higher tankage than you

Without going bm, one idea is to switch ss to a spirit / white combo. Lot higher spear / spirit damage.

Tactical wise, you have to play defensive. Use spirits, click very near your character in random, and I mean random, directions, and be wary of delay nl tele. A bit of walking is nice, but understand that spirit will track after it reaches the point you clicked on, so hope the sorc teles near enough you. Expect to use lot of blues, though you should have full blue belt all the time.

Keeping a fire golem head on switch is an idea. Gumby do help to some extent, there are rare cases where you'd wish you didn't have one up due to large explosion radius.

10. TienJe

TienJe IncGamers Member

theres something wrong with your necro if you're dying in 3 shots with hotspurs. my necro can literally stand in fireball spam for half a minute with the gear you're using.

like rodney said, you can use hotspurs and cast a fire golem (from a splendor head on cta switch if you don't want to invest a point in it), and you can give most es sorcs a run for their money. make sure you use spirit when you CL the sorcs, rather than spears.

11. paul leung

thx,then i have to get a hotspur first

12. paul leung

forgot to ask,if a windy is doing 163 fcr instead of 99 99, what he missing compare to it?

13. Xephyr

Xephyr IncGamers Member

A es sorc is > than a bone necro. Period. You dont do nearly enough damage to collapse their es before they start playing defensive to regen mana or mana pot (bm).

Additionally, most Es sorcs are prebuffed, which I think is bm as anything.

14. paul leung

When I Duel In Pubby,i Notice There Are Certain Types Of Build That Like To Host A Necro:windy,es Sorc,and Trappers.

15. Xephyr

Xephyr IncGamers Member

Thats cause its a pubby? Most people just hostile everyone in the game, its not like they are out to get you.

And besides, a trapper shouldn't be able to kill you unless she gets lucky (your ibs spam will kill her eventually) and you can do decently against a windy with some skill.

16. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Haha, for people like me who never switch stash, a trapper is one of the hardest elementalist to kill with a necro. If they go offensive I hardly have far enough range for a successful ibs line.

Clawblock + shadow, who also happens to have clawblock. sigh.

17. paul leung

I KNOW THE THE SHIELD/CLAW TRAP CAMPER IS EASY BY JUST SPAM THEM, BUT I REFER TO A DEFENSIVE DUAL CLAWS TRAPPER WHO JUST RUN A LITTLE, SET TRAPS AND MB A LOT.KEY WORDS HERE IS DEFENSIVE + MB A LOT.
    IT 'S OK ,IF I PLAY DEFESIVE AS WELL,BUT THE GOAL I WANT TO GET IS ATTACT WITH AGGRESSIVE(SOMETIME DEFENCE FOR TATIC) FOR MY BONEMANCER

18. wizAdept

wizAdept IncGamers Member

Someone left cruise control on I see.

Anyways offensive trappers are much harder for necros than defensive ones. Defensive trappers will die to bs spam eventually, all the necro has to do is not get caught by being over offensive. Its the trappers that go all out offensive on the necro that necro players need to worry about, that takes good gameplay with defensive teeth/spirit usage to keep the trapper ranged, the necro has to constantly break the trappers namelocks if they get offensive and retaliate with very quick and accurate spears if the trapper does get close.

19. NickaliskTrent

NickaliskTrent Banned

Being a druid who has played around with the idea of 163 fcr as default setup, I can say the druid will be missing out on some life and +skill (which equals more life and dmg). He also loses the 99FHR breakpoint (Unless he compensates with FHR skillers, which equals more life loss)

The difference is not significant though, esp not after pvp penalties are calculated in for dmg (and when the opponent has DR maxed). 163 also means (generally) no stormshield (maxed block). Being a necro, that may not help you much though.

I am currently messing around with a 163 fcr/ 174 fhr set up. This is probably NOT done very often (if at all). Doing so requires an assload of FHR skillers (which takes a chunk out of life). I find this much fhr not helping with assassin MB locks for the most part (my hardest matchup as a windy).

I seem to do better against classes I usually do well against (like a "win more" set up) which is rather disappointing, although my vita windy does better against some bvc's now...

Edit: You can throw what i said out the window if the druid is using duped wizspikes tho. Which I find a lot on west do....

20. Xephyr

Xephyr IncGamers Member

If you are a skilled necromancer, trapsins should not pose a problem to you. Slap on tgods or a wisp (tgods is better) and their damage to you is negligible. Short of that, practice more, since a good necro should NOT be dying to a pure trapsin.

Also, MY CAPS LOCK KEY SUDDENLY GOT STUCK HELP ME