Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bonemancer stats? Ladder reseT?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by zxgaimz_i, Mar 1, 2004.

1. zxgaimz_i

zxgaimz_i IncGamers Member

Bonemancer stats? Ladder reseT?

Hi

For a Bonemancer on HC what stats should be invested in?
    Is max block required? or will boneprison @ lvl 20 and bone armour @ around lvl 10 be enough to protect him?

Howabout mana? just get mana items or should i invest some here?

Oh yes and one skill Question: @ arreat it states:
    Does Amplify Damage work on spell damage as well as physical damage?
    No, only Physical Damage.

Sooo... BSpear Bspirit wont work with Amp? Or are they ''physical''.

And last of all... Any1 have any idea of when ladder will be reset? with all the dupes and soon 2 be all lvl 99's on all realms this should be soon (if asia1 would come along ^^)? or am i mistaken?

Feedback would be appreciated =)

-zxgaiMz

2. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Nothing enhances Bone spirit or Spear

If you go full blown bone your damage absorb will be hughe......but since you have no minons Max Block if you ahve the items is probably the way to go.

3. zxgaimz_i

Cruses?

Tnx 4 reply :)

Hmmz howabout Lower resist? Will it work with Bonespear and Bonespirit?
    or should i take another curse?

-zxgaiMz

4. Jedi

Jedi IncGamers Member

i am no necro expert but i think it is a good option to go max block with any nec build.

after a good life value of more than 1000 u are protected vs avg hits quit good. after this the revenues of vitastat points are low compared to having 75% block.
    it means 3 out of 4 hits when u stand end with zero damage towards your health purple compared to 200 life more where u get hit every time.

of course a necro is not supposed to be hit often but there is no immortality in the game.. i vote for max block! :)

regards
    jedi

5. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Definitely get max block.

Also extremely recommended are the AI Curses (Dim Vision, Confuse, and Attract). IMO every Necro can make use of every single curse at some point or another. Decrep will be your main curse however, used probably about 80-90% of the time. You'll also most likely want one point in Clay Golem, Golem Mastery, and Summon Resist.

Bone Prison is a staple of this build. If you plan to use the Marrowwalk bug, always have the charges of Bone Prison hotkeyed, and be prepared to recharge often. If you're using different boots, Bone Prison needs to be maxed ASAP, i.e. right after Spear or Spirit.

As for mana issues, Frosties + a few blue potions should be enough to keep you going. Stat points are better spent in vit/dex.

6. rathwraith

rathwraith IncGamers Member

i vote max block as well my bone nec made 83 before going down and a little warning bone prison will call monsters from 2- 3 screens away eg. i bone prison bremm sparkfist right at his usual spot and next thing i know i have mefer dragonhand voidbringer and meph trying to kick my *** they just rolled in on me i went to town was like @#[email protected]%$% that lol

i did some checking at shenk and eldritch a bone prison or wall close to the stairs from frigid wp to blood will call shenk up the stairs so it's about 2 screens mabey a little more.

a little fyi cause ya the might arua leader is safer in the prison but calling a heard of guys to get his arua could be just as bad lol

7. cyradis2003

cyradis2003 IncGamers Member

Lower res does help the bone skills - also helps out your party if you have a trapper or a sorc along.

I like lower res - shoot, shoot - kill stuff - look at my assn buddy - life tap - he sharpens claws to full health - amp - c/e

rinse and repeat

8. phooker51

phooker51 IncGamers Member

Lower res increased damage prior to 1.10, it doesn't any more.

9. zxgaimz_i

Tnx 4 hlp :D

First: Tnx 4 all the replies.

If i only want to use 1 curse... which should it be? Thinking maybe decrep since it does wonders... Slower monsters = more chance of survival. =)

-zxgaiMz

10. treldonis

treldonis IncGamers Member

Dim Vision does wonders. Especially when you go against ranged attackers(Gloams, archers, etc).

11. AnubisXy

AnubisXy IncGamers Member

You really shouldn't limit yourself to one curse. BUT, a good combo would be about 10 points in dim vision used with decrep. Reason being a high lvl DV blinds everything on the screen and you can then select small groups and hit them with decrep, since it only has a 4 yard radius, keeping everything else blind while you whittle away one small group at a time.

12. zxgaimz_i

Sounds gosu! :p tnx 4 the suggestion! I'll go with that build... now all i need is a ladder reset ^^.

TNX 4 all replies!

-zxgaiMz

13. treldonis

treldonis IncGamers Member

Agreed. You shouldn't limit your choices in curses.

My summoner necro has lvl 20 DV after + to skills and spamming it ahead of you with that radius gives a nice cushion.