Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bone Wall ... ok, Bone Circle ?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Syxx, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

Bone Wall ... ok, Bone Circle ?

Hi All,

Today level 73 necro died while climbing the tower in Act 1 Hell. No big deal, my characters are not known for their longevity. However I am rather confused about the circumstances.

I think what happened was... I got hit by a carver, and a charge of 'Bone Something' went of. A cirlce of bones formed around the carver and my necro totally encircling just him and me. He hit me again and I couldn't get away due to the wall aound us. I tp'ed to town and ok, I'll wait abit ... then go down again. With 20 minions with me when I go back down, there won't be room to move let alot get hit... Wrong ... 2 hits and I died, thanks to some gloams who'd arrived on the scene.

While seeing deeds, the bone cirlce then falls away and my corspe and the monsters remain.

So what happened ? Where did this bone circle come from ?

This had happened before, once when opening a chest. It was trapped, and went off and again I found myself surrounded by a bone circle right next to a burning chest. I had to tp to town as I was taking fire damage from the chest.

My gear is .... was untwinked crap with no funny mods anywhere. Nothing like "Suicidal ring of encirclement and die ya bastard". I admit, my resistence needed a little work, highest was -20 :D

I was a skellymancer, using Decrepify / CE for killing. I haven't even researched Bone Prison myself, and have 1 point in Bone Wall, which is not hotkeyed. The only Bone spell I actually use is spear.

Anyone care to explain what happened ?

Regards
    Syxx

2. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

That's the common effect of Arm of King Leoric or w/e it's called I believe...
    Not sure if that would fall into the category of "untwinked crap with no funny mods anywhere" though.

3. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

Hi MoUsE,

Hey, you hit it in one. I had just got a new unique wand from Andy a few hours earlier, and yes its was King Leoric's, however I didn't see any suicide mod on it.

So what is the mod that says "trap thyself with some melee critter" ?

Regards
    Syxx

4. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

Arm of King Leoric:
    +1.25 Mana per clvl
    10% Faster Cast Rate
    10% Chance to cast level 2 Bone Prison when struck
    5% Chance to cast level 10 Bone Spirit when struck
    +2 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only)
    +2 to Poison & Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
    +2 to Terror (Necromancer Only)
    +2 to Raise Skeletal Mage (Necromancer Only)
    +3 to Skeleton Mastery (Necromancer Only)
    +3 to Raise Skeleton (Necromancer Only)

the mod is "10% Chance to cast level 2 Bone Prison when struck" aka 10% chance to "trap thyself with some melee critter".

:D

5. Leper

Leper IncGamers Member

It's chance to cast bone prision when struck.

It's the most annoying thing, I couldn't use that wand any more even tho it's got such good summoning mods, i changed to the cain shard(big sp?), the one with high +life and mana.

Anyway I had problems with that bone prision, too many times I'd be running thru fire and it's cast boneprision around the fire, which would trap me on top of it which was nice.

6. Kim

Kim Banned

bonewall was only good for bonefarming bug

:thumbsup:

7. Christopher Sin

Christopher Sin IncGamers Member

Leoric isn't a kiddy wand. The %chance to cast prison is better meant for trapping ranged monsters. It's fine if you want to be a reckless summoner and get smacked around alot, but make sure you can take a few hits.

I also wouldn't recommend using Leoric during Hell Cows, unless you know what you're doing. :)

8. Tao_of_Xero

Tao_of_Xero IncGamers Member

Does Arm of Leoric work like occy,where you teleport to the last place your cursor was,or is the bone prison totally random when it pops up?

9. treldonis

treldonis IncGamers Member

The bone prison wraps around the monster who hits you. So if it is a ranged attacker, it will go around that creature. However if someone hits you in melee combat, it will wrap itself around you and your attacker. There is little room to tp you out so if you don't have teleport, the attacker will have its way with you until the prison drops off.

This has been mentioned in a previous post but someone ran over fire and when the bone prison trapped him over it, he burned to death. Gruesome.

10. stemis516

stemis516 IncGamers Member

ya, leoric is a hella-good wand but the benefits have thier consequences...the bone wall can trap u as well as the bone prison

i used it on all my summoning necros and i found it best to just drop a juv or pot and just leave the game....forget about the run