Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

bone vs poison

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by szenhidrat, Sep 6, 2006.

1. szenhidrat

szenhidrat IncGamers Member

bone vs poison

HI there!

I want to make a good necro for PvM.I already got a summoner but wanted to try something different so i started a poisonmancer.He's at lvl 47 but isn't very effective and i was wondering that maybe should i start a new necro with bone skills. Witch of these builds is effective for pvm?and -of course- witch is cheaper :D ? thanks

2. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Well psn necro is good for PvM.
    Boners are mainly PvP because Teeth is weak at killing in 85+ Dungeons,Spirit is strong but only hits one monster,Spear is good for PvM but doesnt give you alot of versitility,only goes in a line,annoying to kill off Fallen camps.
    Where as with psn nova just curse em an tele spam nova,ez.

Both cost relalitivley the same,but psn is mostly PvM,stacked psn resist and Venom Ward pwn psn mancers in my opinion.

3. Grumpy Old Wizard

Grumpy Old Wizard IncGamers Member

Bonemancers are quite effective PvM. Check out the stickied guides.

Bone Spear will be your main weapon. Experiment with bone prison and bone wall for crowd control.

If you are not rich gamble for a teleport amulet or buy a staff with teleport charges. Otherwise enigma would be the armor of choice.

You will probably want a point in golem/mastery and revives. Use corpse explosion.

Shop for a 2 socket plus 3 to bone spear bone want from Normal Drogan and make the "White" runeword.

4. garion

garion IncGamers Member

Boners used to be more effective at both PvM and PvP (when some of the guides were written...)...as they took advantage of the marrows bug...however now...the boner is much more balanced...and makes for a better PvPer then PvMer in my opinion....although they still work great...

but i prefer the Psnancer for PvM...over the Boner...perhaps what you need is to fully synergize your psn skills and get a few key items

3 piece trangs (belt, shield, & gloves) will give you +25% psn dmg, and -25% psn res (this is key)
    deaths web - will give you -40-50% psn res...also you can soc this for an additional +5%/-5%

theses items should greatly increase you kill speed....also a few minions might help it keeping your victims in place as they die from your psn (which acts very quickly....)...

LR - Nova...and the nCE as the bodies start dropping

you can also LR, Nova, and the AMP and then CE also..as the psn will continue to affect your victims at the LR rate..(i think i read that somewhere on this site....anyways)

i hope that helps out your Psnancer

5. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

poison or bone CE CE CE CE, that is all you need. Kill a few then use your CE real fast: CE CE CE CE and nothing will be left standing. It is so easy for a boner to go anywhere as well as a novamancer. CE is your best second skill with your damage skill (spear or teeth or nova). GoGoGo necro's. I never even use walls or prison (only for PVP are walls and prison in my vocabulary).

6. garion

garion IncGamers Member

true enough...and what those skills can't handle usually a good old fashion bashing from your minions are always pretty reliable....(Granted you might need to cast amp...to break immunes...)

7. Fearlessone

Fearlessone IncGamers Member

You can check out some of the builds in the sticky above. I've made several poisonmancers, including classic and LoD and with summons. I made a guide for one of my builds and put it in the classic forum builds sticky. Just after that was posted, I made another poisonmancer and was fresh with experiences: My necro wasnt very effective around lvl 45, in the middle of nightmare. So dont get discouraged!! You wont have Trangs at this level, and if u are untwinked, and few charms yet in inventory, fairly blahh.

It depends on where u are spending ur skills up till now. To get down to LowerResist you will need a wad spent. You probably wanted to protect yourself and got at least some summons, maybe a clay golem, maybe a skellie, maybe some revives. Maybe u have already put something in mastery and summon resist to help them survive. And then there may be some in bone armor. Some extra in CE is nice. So even with skill quest rewards, u might have spent 50 skills so far and have only 30 max in poison skills.

Are you using lower resist? Are u protecting urself with some sort of minions and bone armor? Are u protecting ur summons? Are u even bothering to use CE? Do u stand way back in the pack and poison only the outer edge of the monster pack or do u go center to maximize ur nova or pexplo, or are u dagger? - u dont say above.