Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bone Summoner vs Magic Immunes

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Flip10thMtn, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Flip10thMtn

Flip10thMtn IncGamers Member

Bone Summoner vs Magic Immunes

Hey

Found another AoKL the other day so decided to roll a Bone/Summoner for a change. I'm self G-rushing for hell forge USW-NL-SC. He cruised right through to Hell Act II buy now the Magic Immunes are getting a bit annoying.

His standard attack is spam Bone Spear then CE. I have yet to put anything into curses. Keeping the army small with about 10 Skellies 6 Mages and Gumby with a (norm) Prayer Merc. I will probably switch out the Merc for a Might - just wanted to try something different plus will a might merc help with Magic Immunes?

Using self-found items, he is after all just G-rushing so I don't plan on trading for top-of-the-line gear.

Just wondering what everyone else does about the M/I's? I'm getting through them now but it's slow going - don't mind spending a point or two somewhere to help out.

2. shijo

shijo IncGamers Member

Re: Bone Summoner vs Magic Immunes

Does Lower Resist break magic immunity? I usually have so much physical damage I don't even notice them

3. braincrasher

braincrasher IncGamers Member

@ Shijo: I think lr doesn´t lower magic recistance.

I´d just stick with amplifying those magic immunes, let merc and skeles kill one and ce the rest. Might merc is far superior to prayer one in this case. Or if you´re just G-rushing to hf, I don´t think there are many magic immunes you must kill. I suppose you have enigma so just tele past them.

4. Flip10thMtn

Flip10thMtn IncGamers Member

Well just got a temp ban so I'll ramble for a bit :rolleyes:

The initial post was from work and I actually had forgot how far into II I was. I was actually ready for Duriel and he was a breeze! I didn't even change my merc. You'd think after playing this game for years I'd remember that ONLY the NM Act II Offensive are the Might Mercs... for some reason I though NM & Hell were same - not the Norm/Hell for Act II Mercs!!! I don't think the "Blessed Aim" helped much but it's only gold right? :laugh:

I did level once more before going into his chamber (at 73 now) and did 1 point into Amp - which them jumped to 9 do to gear... I'm sure that helped taking that fat little bug down. I can't beleive how easy Nec's are in taking him out - it's normally a bit tough for other characters. Prison/Amp/BoneSpear and he goes down, I didn't even have to pump purples into my merc.... did have to bring Gumby back a few times though. He seems to be a HUGE target no matter what character (I have a Gumby Zon too).

Since my other two Necs are Trang/Fishy and a DaggerMancer I haven't really played around much with the bone skills. Having a ton-o-fun with this hybrid!

III has been a breeze so far, pulled off the Bird & Gibbin quests, then didn't see the Meteor coming in from the other room as we were smacking the Spiders down going for Liam's Tome. Died, got Connection Interrupt, then Ban. This seems to be happening quite a bit lately - the C/I then Ban?

@ braincrasher
    No Enigma - have yet to see an IST :embarassed: I'm playing "slightly" tweeked, mostly self found stuff and mostly mid-level junk... don't actually trade that much but I've got the wealth for a few IST's. I'd probably use the Enigma on a different character anyway.... but I DID find a 3 O/S Wire Fleece tonight... not perf but 454 Def. Since I'm using Marrows I'm already over 110 ST.

I might have mis-lead with the G-Rush statement, I still want "Coffin_Joe" to be a viable Bone/Summoner. I normally go to at least the Hell Anya Quest in Act 5, plus plod through all the previous quests as I go. Not really into the speed thing - slow and old ya know :grin: I'll keep this character around for fun just like all the others I still play. Most summoners aren't welcome in pubbies, but I like a change on occasion and will key run if nothing else.

5. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

No. Only Fire, Lightning, Cold and Poison.

6. shijo

shijo IncGamers Member

Thanks Mantis, I don't use LR much so I wasn't sure.

And yeah, Blessed Aim isn't that helpful, but none of the normal difficulty ac2 auras are really all that helpful, so it's really pretty moot.