Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bone / Summon Necro with Marrowwalk feature

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Jayman450, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Jayman450

Jayman450 IncGamers Member

Bone / Summon Necro with Marrowwalk feature

Hi. I'm looking to make a necro with skellies and bone spear using the Marrowwalk feature. What Skill points would you recommend. Looking at taking to about 90.

2. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

Calling it a 'feature' is sure to start a flame war... It's a bug... a bug I happily exploit, and have no problem with others doing it... but call a spade a spade :)

I have a skelemancer, but since I prefer Corpse Explosion since I play solo so often, my bone skill of choice is Bone Spirit.

My build is 20 RS, 20 SM, 1 RSM, 1 Revive, 1 CG, 1 GM, 1 Iron, 1 Blood. 1 in all curses. 1 teeth, 1 bone armor, 16 CE, 1 BSpear, 11 BSpirit.

Marrowwalks give my 1 point Bone Armor 585 hit points, and my Spirit is around 800 damage.

I still prefer CE, but spirit is a nice support skill when my skellies run into high hp monsters.

If you skip CE, and max Spirit and Spear, you'll have 2 good weapons.

3. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

It is not a bug. It is a bonus to synergy that many other characters use with many other items. Take the Fire claws and Rabies Werewolf Druid that uses this aspect of the game on both its main attacks.

If you don't want to use this feature or aspect of the game, fine that is up to you, but stop telling us who do not agree with you what you think... we are not interested.

4. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

"but stop telling us who do not agree with you what you think... we are not interested."

Yes, because we shouldn't have differing viewpoints on a discussion board... thank you Der Fuhrer for clearing that little bit up.

Give me your proof that it's a feature...

just like Eth and the masteries in 1.09 were features too...

5. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

"If you don't want to use this feature or aspect of the game, fine that is up to you, but stop telling us who do not agree with you what you think... we are not interested."

I also suggest you READ WHAT I HAVE TO SAY before you spew your crap. I said that I do use it, I never ONCE said to the author if the original post to NOT use it.

If you can do it in the game without a 3rd party hack, then do it. If it's not what the programmers Intended... it's a bug. You'll notice Guided arrow doesn't pierce anymore. That was a bug. A Bug everyone used, but a bug nonetheless.

6. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

20 Spear
    20 Spirit
    20 Bone wall
    1 Bone armour
    10 Skeleton Mastery
    10 Raise Skeleton
    1 Clay Golem
    1 Golem Mastery
    1 Summon resists
    Balance into curses that you cannot get on a wand on weapon switch, then pump teeth =D

With lots of plus skills (10 or more), this will own.

7. pliu

pliu Banned

It is a bug :drink:

8. darkmog84

darkmog84 IncGamers Member

feature and bug ppl

feature = something that was programed to be like that
    bug = a mistake that was not meant to be like that

ill call it a bug anyday i really dun care..
    my necros' 5.7k spirit (5.2k spear) is hard to argue with ^^

9. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

As much as i'd like to argue that it's a feature instead of a bug, for fear that they might actually fix it, I'd have to say the MarrowWalks thing is a bug...because items with skill charges do not add synergy bonuses...they only grant that skill on a per charge basis.

The description on the MarrowWalks clearly starts +slvl 33 Bone Prison, 13 charges etc. If it were just '+slvl 33 Bone Prison', then yes, it would grant a synergy bonus because it's an addition to a nec's skill lineup...but it's clearly a charge feature, and by all rights should not grant a synergy bonus. Hopefully Blizz meant it to be a synergy and that the charges, not the synergy bonus is the actual error.

or...Gods willing, maybe they meant this to be so...just to help place the Necromancer amongst the ranks of Godly builds where it's always belonged. :)

-X

10. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

The way I see it Marrowwalk is a bug. Blizz may or may not have intended the charges on the boots to work in conjunction with your own skills. But the fact is the boots give a level 33 synergy. With hard points you can only get to 20. So the bug is the 12 extra, impossible to obtain synergy points.

If I were to exploit the bug I would use the following set-up.

RS: 20
    SM: 20
    Revive: 1
    Summon Resist: 1

BSpear: 20
    BSpirit: 20
    Bone Wall: 1

All curses: 1

11. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

You're setup will prolly survive 8 player hell games better than mine... lol. But cutting out poits from the PnB tree just isnt... fun anymore... haha... Blasting 4k bone spear and spirit is nice =D. Once a monster goes down, It's CE anyway...

12. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Charges are programmed into the game to give synergy bonuses. This was in some patch changes bs, the only arguement is that it gives a 33 skill which isn't achievable normally, and blizz didn't specify anything about that.

13. sugnut

sugnut IncGamers Member

regarding the best build to exploit this bug
    why doesnt anyone have points in corpse explosion like lvl 10+
    i thought ce was the killler in Hell
    just wondering coz i m gonna have to rebuild my necro i wanna try this out for fun!

14. Mad Mantis

CE is really good in Hell. We are not using it in this particular build, because we are dealing with a Hybrid focused on another way of dealing damage. No points can be spared in CE if you want a good Spear/Spirit.

15. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

Actually, 1 point in CE is a prerequisite, and with plus skilss, it kills decently enough =D.

My bonemancer uses CE A LOT. The skellies are to tank, the bone skills are to create corpses and to kill bosses, CE is to kill everything else.

16. Mad Mantis

I know CE is a pre-req, What I meant was that CE is not a mojar skill to be used. It can be used, with great succes, but it is not what was intended.

17. Randall

Randall IncGamers Member

The patch description only talkes about charges receiving synergy bonusses, not giving it.

Randall