Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

bone spear

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by deamel, Jun 27, 2005.

1. deamel

deamel IncGamers Member

bone spear

need to know something, i had 1141 dmg with my necro bone spear and i just put a skill pts into bone prison to get the 7% dmg bonus and i now do 441 dmg is this normal ?

2. odormos

odormos IncGamers Member

Are you using marrow walks per chance? If you were then the previous damage listed on your LCS from bone spear would have been receiving synergy bonuses from the bone prison charges on marrowwalk. Now that you have actually invested points into bone prison the synergies from the points you actually invested are being calculated hence the lower damage.

3. Dancolen

Dancolen IncGamers Member

Sounds like 1 pt in teeth, wall, maybe spirit.

He had to have been wearing marrowwalks.

Sounds like a 350ish dmg bonespear base.. not sure what lvl that is.

Putting that 1 point in prison dropped it from 7% + 7% + 7% + 231ish%?
    to
    7% + 7% + 7% + 7%

You are no longer exploiting the marrowwalk/charged skill bug for synergies.
    Synergies arent affected by +skills, but are effected if you have a charged skill item and havent put points int hat skill.

So your 350 bonespear with 252% ed was ....1100-1200ish?
    Now its 350 bonespear with 28% ed and its 411?

Dont worry, made this mistake myself on my first necro.
    Youll just have to remake your necro if you want to use the marrowwalk bug, or dump 20 points in prison and still not have the same strength bonespear youd have with marrowwalk.

4. FathomFear

FathomFear IncGamers Member

To what extent is exploiting this bug "taboo"? I am building a Necro as we speak and on the one hand I want to play clean...but I also want to complete with other Necros. Just curious, as this class is new to me.

5. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

@Deamel: Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

Using the bug is common right now. A few clans and hardcore individuals (such as myself :uhhuh: ) still don't like the idea of using the bug, but it does make a lot of hybrids possible.

6. FathomFear

FathomFear IncGamers Member

Thanks for the reply.

What is the most common alternative use of the 20 points that don't need to go into Bone Prison? Curses?

7. odormos

odormos IncGamers Member

Well when it comes to these bugs or features or whatever you want to call them this is how I feel:

As players we are at war with the monsters in the game. They employ every and any means to ensure that they kill us, which includes taking advantage of server lag, waiting for players at the bottom of stairs and making use of any miscellaneous game glitches. In short they use whatever is provided by the game in order to achieve their objectives. Now since I did not create the charged/synergy bonus bug I have no qualms in employing it to achieve my objective, after all, like it or not it is part of the game. If it really was not meant to have the effect that it is currently having then I expect the people at Blizzard will correct it if/when they release a new patch. In the interim I will do like the monsters and make use of all that is available within the game to achieve my objective.

8. odormos

odormos IncGamers Member

Mainly skeleton mastery, skeleton warriors and the clay golem with 1 point in amplify damage.