Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bone - spear/spirit/teeth

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Ossar, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Ossar

Ossar IncGamers Member

Bone - spear/spirit/teeth

1. Are all of them magic damage?
    2. Will it, like the paladin blessed hammer damage, rarely be resisted att all?
    3. According to my calculations teeth wil do ~1000 damage with three maxxed synergies. Thats alot when there is ~25 of them in every cast!

I presume they cannot be blocked except by assassin weapon block. But as I'm going strictly pvm that won't be a problem.

2. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

1.yes they are
    2.no bhammer ignores magic resist on demons/undead, bone spells do not
    3. this was more of a statement, but if you were looking for comments on its viablity id rather just holem em in place with my clay golem, kill a few with spear, then BOOM! corpse explode the lot of em, but i have an undying love of CE

3. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

1) As was stated, yes they are all Magic Damage.
    2) To answer your question, yes. They will rarely be resisted by any monster. The most common monster you'll see with Magic Immunity is Greater Mummies or whatever they are called. They look kinda like Radiment and are seen in places like the Worldstone Keep. Hammerdins can still hurt these Magic Immunes though since Blessed Hammers ignore that immunity since they are considered Undead.
    3) Mind you, any given target cannot be hit by more than one tooth per wave so in hell difficulty Teeth will often not give you enough damage on its own. Its more than enough damage for almost anything in Nightmare and works wonders in PvP against lower hp targets like sorcs and stuff.

And your other question. Yes, it can be blocked by the assassin's weapon block but it also can be dodged by the amazon's passive dodge skills.

4. Ossar

Ossar IncGamers Member

No I'm confused. Answer on question 2. Got two different answes. Which is right?

Maybe I should rephrase. Do monsters in general have high magic resist?
    OT: I thought blessed hammer only ignored resistances on undead.

5. Icarus

Icarus IncGamers Member

no, regular monsters don't usually have high magic resist. the ones that you can't kill with magic damage from bone skills are the monsters with 'immune to magic' under their name. these monsters are a lot more rare than other immunities.

blessed hammer is another case. it ignores magic immunity almost completely. there's only one monster in the game that blessed hammer cannot kill. i'm not sure exactly why not, maybe something to do with their high magic resists. the wailing beast in act3 hell is usually found inside the forgotten temples.

6. leihotikan

leihotikan IncGamers Member

Even with maxed synergies, your, as you say, a lot of dmg (~1000) will be very poor in pvm. Just imagine monster's hp in this patch - count in tousands, fat tousands:) I prefer bone spear in pvm, nice dmg (in higher lvls like 35-40 + only a little worse than bone spirit ) and pierces target. Lovely skill in places like maggot lair, tombs, mausoleum, pit, etc.