Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bone Spear Pally/Druid

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by JanusJones, Jun 5, 2005.

1. JanusJones

JanusJones Diabloii.Net Member

Bone Spear Pally/Druid

Hey all! Looking at synergy charges and had a weird idea. Anybody out there try out a Bonehew with a pair of Marrowwalks? The lv. 33 Bone Prison synergy to the lv. 16 Bone Spear (50% chance to cast on hit) would make it do 476-503 magic damage - not bad for immunes! You could pull off this equip with either a Fury Wolf or a Zeal Pally; either would have its advantages. The Wolf would have better life and possible some summons as well, whereas the Pally would have better damage (aahh, Sacrifice synergy and max Fanaticism!) but would lack the benefit of Holy Shield (more's the pity). What do you think, people? Interesting?

2. Liliel

Liliel Diabloii.Net Member

Druid would be better. Paladins are a bit slow with polearms, while Druids are very fast with them.

Hmm... Anyone know the highest level for Bone Spirit charges on a ring or circlet?

3. [exile]

[exile] Diabloii.Net Member

If you're going to use a Paladin, I would suggest using Oath instead (Bone Spirit though, not Spear). Plus, Spirits can track down your enemies, dealing 1013-1099 Magic damage.

4. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally Diabloii.Net Member

oath is far better for pallies, and the bone hew is far better for wolves.

you can dual shael a bonehew for a fast weapon that throws spears often, that pierce a ton. Great for a wolf, bad for a pally.

Palies can use oath eth whatevers to hit fast, do a lot of damage physically, and hit well with the spirit chance. However, the bonehew will do better vs. crowds, I suppose, and the oath will do better vs. a single target. Good luck!

--welt

5. JanusJones

Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm thinking Fury druid - possibly a rabies/fury hybrid. Equip would look like so:

Helm: Jalal's
    Amulet: Mara's
    Armor: Chains of Honor/Bramble (losing the resists is hard, but for a poisoner Bramble is king!)
    Belt: Verdungoes
    Boots: Marrowwalks (I have a +17 str/dex pair :thumbsup: )
    Ring1: Carrionwind (the obvious reason being a Rabie synergy - but also the cast on hit twisters - with the bone spears it would make for great crowd control!)
    Ring2: Ravensfrost
    Gloves: Dracul's Grasp OR Trang Oul's Claws (for Rabies)

I can't decide, however, exactly how to do skills. Even maxed Rabies looks like it has a crappy damage return. I checked the PvP Rabies guide and it said something on the order of 32k damage over a looong time - so long it only factors down to around 1k damage (argh!). I imagine maxing Werewolf, Lycanthropy, Fury, and Oak Sage (or possibly HoW). The question then is where to sink the other points - Feral Rage or Rabies? Rabies would help with immunes, but the bone spears *might* be enough . . . but given that I don't have the equipment reccomended in the Rabies guide (10 shapeshift GCs?! Gimme a break!), it seems like the damage output would be meager at best.

What do you think? I'd have posted in the Druid forum but I didn't wanna make another thread on, essentially, the same issue :lol: .

6. Liliel

Liliel Diabloii.Net Member

I'd switch the gloves to some crafted 10CB glove (leech, resist and IAS being other desirable mods)). As I said to someone in the Druid forum, Rabies is not meant to kill crowds for you, it's just meant to weaken them so Fury takes them down real quick. It also looks really impressive on your LCS, lol.

7. JanusJones

IAS would be a waste - it has no effect on Fury past a certain breakpoint. With two shaels in the Bonehew I'd already be hitting 5 fps with Fury and 6 with Rabies - no need for extra. Dracul's Grasp cast Life Tap, which is an absolutely indispensible addition to any melee characters arsenal. I can see poison being useful as a heal-retardant measure, but not worth more than a point - it's just a bad skill, frankly! :lol:

8. Pherdnut

Pherdnut Diabloii.Net Member

I personally have always wanted to try a zealer with a polearm just to watch that thing flop all over the place when confronting a lot of bad guys.

9. Wmeredith

Wmeredith Diabloii.Net Member

I have a zealer that uses a Spire of Honor occasionally and it looks great! His favorite weapon is an eth Oath scourge. When he starts spamming the B-Spirits things start dying fast. That's not to mention that his physicasl damage is around 7k.