Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bone Spear or Spirit for a Skelemancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by falchion19, Feb 6, 2004.

1. falchion19

falchion19 IncGamers Member

Bone Spear or Spirit for a Skelemancer

I just recently found a nice pair of +2 Marrowwalks and was wondering what everyone in this forum thinks would benefit my Skelemancer more, bone spear or bone spirit? The character is mostly for pits, meph, and Baal running and since I don't have Travs and have about 18 skill points left after getting all the other skills I need I decided to get spear or spirit to speed up my runs a bit. I currently have +7 skills in my mf gear as well if that helps at all. Most of the time I am using CE to kill packs of normal monsters, so I don't think the pierce of Bone spear makes a difference since I really just need the damage to speed up things like Baal, Meph, and some of the stone skin stronger uniques who don't die from CE and my minions fast enough. Mana cost is also a slight issue maybe I guess, but not sure since I've never used bone spells. So if anyone could help me out with their opinion please feel free to suggest whatever you think would work out best and why. Thanks in advance for your help everyone!

2. TPMdm

TPMdm IncGamers Member

I'm not sure if this is the consensus opinion, but I'd do CE instead of either of those. If you are mf'ing your minions do a good job of grouping the bad guys and in single player games (you don't run in pubbies do you?) CE would kill more monsters faster than either spear or spirit.

3. falchion19

falchion19 IncGamers Member

I already maxed CE and I use that on groups, but I need bone spirit or bone spear to speed up single monsters.

4. zaphette

zaphette IncGamers Member

Don't know how many points you have to throw in, but a low level spear or spirit is not very helpful.

I have like lvl9 spirit (1 pt +8) with a synergy point from wall and prison. It does like 250ish damage. The monsters just scoff at me.

The bone spells IMO are an all or nothing deal. Same with the poison spells.

Take my advice, don't make the monsters laugh at you :) .

5. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

I use Bone Spirit.

My current build (at lvl 72)

RS - 20
    SM - 20
    1 in every other summon except FG (that's 7 points)
    1 in every curse (that's 10 points)
    1 teeth
    1 bone armor
    15 CE (after +skills, it's 10 yard radius... very useful)
    1 Bone Spear
    5 Bone Spirit

Because I have marrowwalks as well, I'm already doing over 500 per BS and it's upped my bone armor to 585 'life'

I still use CE as my main attack. The bone spirits are only to help generate a corpse, and they're oh so good for killing (or at least stunning) teleporting imps.

I plan on putting my remaining points into Spirit. I was using spear for awhile and it just doesn't seem to be the right fit for a summoner. I prefer the auto-targeting style.. fire and forget.

6. Nxla

Nxla IncGamers Member

My lvl 72 skelemancer uses spirit for killing single tough monsters. His dmg with it is already 1900 or so. I however only have one pt in ce.