Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bone spear or bone spirit? (pvp)

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Soepgroente, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

Bone spear or bone spirit? (pvp)

I'm gonna try this build:

20 p.dagger
    20 p.explosion
    20 p.nova
    20 bone spear or spirit
    ~5 lower resist
    1 fire golem

This way i'll use poison nova, and if my opponent has stacked resistances and 75% length reduction i can rely on semi-strong bone skills to kill him/her since (s)he has to sacrifice a lot to do that. I'll abuse the marrowwalk feature/bug, whatever, to get that ok-dmg. What do you think, should I use bone spear or spirit, and should i put one point into summon resist & golem mastery or is that just wasted?

2. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

For pvp, your going to need 1 or the other. Based on the new synergies, to be fully effective, you really NEED all the synergies. For bone, marrowalk's are really a strong item to boot.

So I personally think your spreading yourself a bit thin, as BS (either of them) wouldn't be a real strong skill. Maybe to take off the 1 point left over after your poison, but not much else.

g

3. Soepgroente

I have fire golem for that last life point :evil:

But when people are stacking resist to 95% & use 75% PDlength reduced then, only then i'll switch to bone skills. The weaker bone skills (about 2500 spirit or 2000 spear) are less annoying since your opponent needs to sacrifice to obtain all that poison resistance. The poison nova will be at full power, what else would you suggest to place my points into?

4. Moridin

Moridin IncGamers Member

If you want to be real annoying, got with max Skellies :lol: . It's awesome for PvM and decent for PvP too. However, I wouldn't receommend going both Poison and Bone....IMO, its one or the either; Spirit/Spear's damage just doesn't cut it without all syenergies maxed. One possibility is to stack -res Poison res stuff....-40 to 50% Deaths, +33% damage Bramble (if you don't use Enigma), Trang's gloves (+25% poison damage and FCR awesome!), etc with Poison facets. Another thing you can do is use Trang's gloves, belt and shield for the partial set bonus (I think it's somewhere around -35% enemy poison res).

5. Soepgroente

You seriously think 2500 or 2000 damage (divided by 6 and then minus about 20 for the accidental MDR the opponent wears) isn't good? That's still 300 dmg per hit.... I mean if they have to stack poison resistance and stuff i think that's pretty awesome.....

Well i'm gonna try it anyway, if i'm crazy enough to try it, which one should i max? Bone spear or spirit?

6. Sessily

Sessily IncGamers Member

Bone Spirit. It matches and far surpasses the guided arrow and 1.09.

7. spencert

spencert IncGamers Member

Definitely Bone Spirit.... much more effective. Even for a pure bonemancer, Bone Spear is mostly a secondary attack for pvp.

8. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

This would largely depend on your skill as a dueler. If you are a good/godly dueler, go with Spear if you can aim it. Its much faster and can be far more deadly. Spirit can be used to create IBS and it tracks, but it is slow and can easily be avoided and outrun. The damage difference between Spear and Spirit is a great deal either at decent levels. If you can't aim Spear that well though, go with Spirit. You can easily get 3-4 Spirits chasing someone so you can get them to panic and let you get in an easier Nova or drive them into a finishing Teeth attack. Despite your lower bone damage, people will run just the same from your Spirits since they see them as instant death due to the much larger majority of Bone necros. ;)

To be honest, you will probably be using Teeth to take care of that last 1 hp if you choose to invest any points into Bone. Does a number on characters with low fhr also.

9. Roach

Roach IncGamers Member

Yeah I would also suggest teeth, the skill will be more or less to remove that last little bit of life an opponent has and teeth is great for that and stunning people long enough to hit them with a P.nova or other useful skill.

Teeth is the multishot of 1.10

10. Tengu

Tengu IncGamers Member

True dat. I just loooove it when i'm helping some newbies through acts 1-5 normal, and they are in awe of my "uber 1337 n3cr0" with his all-killing super teeth :D

Also i've found myself using teeth in hell diff, too. With a damage of around 1100, it can really be effective against, for an example, all those fallen / carvers / devilkin of act 1.

Got :teeth: ?

11. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

I think maxing a bone skill is a great idea soep!

I'd go with spirit, because although spear can reach around the same lvl of dmg as spirit with all synergies maxed, with only the skill maxed + marrows you'll get a lot more bang for your buck with spirit, damage-wise.

also, your bone spirit will surprise the opponent greatly... they won't be expecting it at all, and think they'll have an easy duel on their hands when they stack their poison res equip.

Teeth can be good for a poisonmancer's last point, but I find fire golem to be much better. oh yea, and if you don't have CtA (or don't want to use it) then the BEST finisher is a widowmaker on switch for a nice GA =D

--fatty

12. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

Points from summing tree can be saved by Not using Fire golem. Put them in Bone Wall for bone armour AND bone spirit/spear/teeth synergy. Bone wall is really nice in PvP (it's recastable life!). Especially if you have to slowly wear down the Other player's life with Poison.

20 p.dagger
    20 p.explosion
    20 p.nova
    20 bone spear or spirit
    20 Bone armour? =D

100 points ~ level 90.

13. GIR

GIR Banned

Bone Armor gets better returns from the Bone Wall synergy, so max that instead of Armor directly. Stronger Armor + a decent Wall. Works nicely.

14. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

Actually, no. Bone wall is also a synergy for bone spirit and Spear and Teeth IIRC, so that's why i suggested it. Bone armour gives no synergy.

15. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

Whatever you choose of spear or spirit (I'd go for spirit) I think your idea is excellent! People will not know what kind of necro you are before you've taken them out :)

16. prion

prion IncGamers Member

Andrew that may be what you intended to say but you did not :)
    You advised maxing Bone Armor

17. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

Oh yeah!
    *slaps head*

:lol:

18. Soepgroente

Finally, some heads up :)

I was also thinking about going no-block, and then swapping out stuff to get a decent block rate (stormshield, cat's eye, ko's wizardspike etc) & full DR etc. against physical attackers. I do need enigma for that to work first though.

I'm still going through with the fire golem. Once you can namelock your opponent at 1hp you should be able to cast fire golem twice and kill him with the explosion if the holy fire doesn't do it. Sounds more efficient than widowmaker. Maybe the fire golem won't work with MDR gear opponents though since it does like 20 damage. The explosion is always 80 damage i think though.

Gonna go with bone spirit, thanks for your replies :worship: I like being different without immediately losing much more duels.

19. Forbiddian

Forbiddian IncGamers Member

With fire golem: One stray Dwarf Star=No kill.

Use Teeth or Bone Spear (even if you normally use Bone Spirit, Bone Spear is a little bit faster for the last hp).