Bone Shield Sockets

TUSigmaChi

Diabloii.Net Member
Bone Shield Sockets

Does anyone know how many sockets a bone shield will usually get?

I'm playing untwinked, normal, act 5, and I just finished the socketing quest so that I can add my rune word. The bone shield is improved block (60%) and something else, so I figured for normal difficulty it was a good one for a while.

Thanks for the help

TUSigmaChi

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Bone Shield Sockets

2 Sockets is what you'll get, max. So you know, the Arreat Summit is your friend for questions like this.
Yeah I checked there, but it seems rather vague when it says:

# of Sockets
The difficulty level plays into the number of sockets that will show up on an item. If you want the most sockets, you need to be on Hell Difficulty, and in later areas of the game, if possible.

Granted that's on the main page, is there a section that lists sockets by item or an equation based on difficulty level/item level/etc?

Thanks for the reply

ProfessionalBerg

Diabloii.Net Member

2-socketed shields are ideal for the Rhyme runeword - check out the stats on that baby! Shael+Eth.

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member

The bone shield is improved block (60%) and something else
Runewords can not be created in magic items. Also the number of sockets is ilvl dependent for white items, so AS's list of max sockets is not accurate in normal and nightmare. This is a much better resource.

jgreg7

Diabloii.Net Member

Runewords can not be created in magic items. Also the number of sockets is ilvl dependent for white items, so AS's list of max sockets is not accurate in normal and nightmare. This is a much better resource.
Wow! I never knew about the wiki. Thanks for the tip! (I'm still mourning the loss of d2data.net. :cry: )