Bone or Poison?

Pooshy

Diabloii.Net Member
Bone or Poison?

Just curious what you people prefer. I've got a fishymancer but I'm don't want to make another (but they are fun!).

I'm thinking I want to go with Poison, but I'm not very crazy about the fact that I have to utilize such a small selection to get the most damage out of it (D web, Trangs).

I've got an awesome white bone lined up for a bonemancer though
+3 b/p skills
+4 bone spear
+4 skelly mastery
+3 bone armor
+20 fcr
(Its a white wand)

Pooshy

Diabloii.Net Member
is it really though? I need to read more info on the necro.. like fcr break points and stuff- you know where i can find that?

What mercs are good for bonemancers?

Act 1?

Or just typical holy freeze merc?

soul killer

Banned
Holy freeze isnt really good because you dont want corpses being shattered, which leaves no ammo for CE.
If you dont mind being low on corpses then sure get a holy freeze merc.

125fcr is the max bp, its necessary for pvp, in pvm you can get away with 75fcr.

That is a beautiful wand, it will serve you well.

Pooshy

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm, is ce mandatory to max? or is it just a 1 pnt wonder? I was hoping to do my killing without it ya know. If I need corpses though, what would be your suggestion for a merc?

I was thinking maybe a barb merc with full sazabi set.

Pooshy

Diabloii.Net Member
sweet, I love how the merc is very customizable already :)

Would a infinity merc help with my magic damage?

Holyful

Diabloii.Net Member
Just curious what you people prefer. I've got a fishymancer but I'm don't want to make another (but they are fun!).

I'm thinking I want to go with Poison, but I'm not very crazy about the fact that I have to utilize such a small selection to get the most damage out of it (D web, Trangs).

I've got an awesome white bone lined up for a bonemancer though
+3 b/p skills
+4 bone spear
+4 skelly mastery
+3 bone armor
+20 fcr
(Its a white wand)
Is that the "Arm of King Leoric" ??? And also, go with poisin lol. I love them... they look awesome when they cast Poisin Nova constantely

Pooshy

Diabloii.Net Member
no, the wand mentioned above is a runeword wand I made.

Only problem with psn is, there isn't much to leave to the imagination for EQ

Holyful

Diabloii.Net Member
no, the wand mentioned above is a runeword wand I made.

Only problem with psn is, there isn't much to leave to the imagination for EQ
ah.. I see.. what is this RW ? my friend showed it to me, but I forgot the runes req. and stuff

Pooshy

Diabloii.Net Member
White
Dol + Io
Hit Causes Monster To Flee 25%
+10 To Vitality
+3 To Poison And Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
+3 To Bone Armor (Necromancer Only)
+2 To Bone Spear (Necromancer Only)
+4 To Skeleton Mastery (Necromancer Only)
Magic Damage Reduced By 4
20% Faster Cast Rate
+13 To Mana

But of course any +skills on the wand before the RW are also included afterwards.

This is some info for the infinity polearm from the arreat summit. concerning the conviction aura.

Effect: Reduces enemy Defense and the Resistances of monsters.

* This aura does not lower an enemy's magic or poison resistance. Conviction will remove immunities which will allow you or your party members to damage monsters that were previously untouchable with immunities. There is a cap of -150% resistance and you will not be able to remove some monster's immunities in hell level.

I hope this helps, i use this on my my act2 might merc with my summoner and i think its great plus you have a 40% crushing blow.

Good luck and may your necro conquer all.

mpbu mpsu

Banned
i think mine is better =)
3 bone armor
3 pb skills
4 bone spear
5 teeth
3 bone spirit
3 life tap
3 decreprfy
i had to offer hoto35, ebotdz and pala torch 16/20

lukefojut

Diabloii.Net Member
No infinity would not hlp with magic/psn dmg.
Am I hallucinating, or does Infinity not provide Conviction aura?? This will, of course, help greatly with poison damage. Seems likely that if you could afford Infinity you probably know that Lower Resist exists and will doubtless do the same job, only better.