Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bone-Necromancer, any good at keyrunning?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Sys, May 29, 2008.

1. Sys

Sys IncGamers Member

Bone-Necromancer, any good at keyrunning?

So, I'm planning to make a keyrunner. From what I've understood, it seems that a lightning sorc is a popular choice to the job.
    My question is, would a bone-necro equipped with an enigma be any good? I've already got a sorc (not lightning tho) and I'd rather like to go for a necromancer for a change.
    If you think the corebuild would be viable for the task, should I go with the typical builds or maybe try to tweak them in some way?
    Any thoughts, suggestions? They'd be much appriciated, thanks in advance!

2. Cast_Raider

Cast_Raider IncGamers Member

Re: Bone-Necromancer, any good at keyrunning?

I made a bone nec with enigma, trouble is he really struggled to kill things in Act 5 hell.

However, the same gear on a summoner has proven to be quite strong. And besides the improved killing speed, there is the added bonus of survivability. It's hard to get hit when you have 30+ meat shields clustered around you. It's also harder for your merc to die. Mine is virtually invincible, aside from iron maiden and the occasional bugged poison vipers. Keep in mind, I don't have any leech on him--infinity thresher, eth. bugged fort, and eth. bugged dream helm. (Granted, these are top notch items, but the only really expensive item you need for this build is enigma.

Put it this way, with my meteorb sorc, I had to use stormshield and infernostrides (ce resistance) and no merc and had to worry about who was immune to what and spam spells over and over again and use nature's peace and take a beating and chug purples and sometimes die. With the teleporting summoner, I drop my army right in his face, cast amp, and just start clicking on ce, waiting for something to die and clear the screen. No more spamming mediocre orbs, no more being used as a punching bag. The whole room dies, and dies NOW. With complete safety.

He's ridiculously effective at key running, yes. I don't know how he compares to a lightning sorc because I've never made a lite sorc. The only downside to a summoner is the time required to gather an army. It slows you down. But, if you like to play multiple areas per game--pits, andy, countess, meph, keyruns--then spending 30~60 seconds each game is no big deal, because each game is 15 minutes or whatever. If you're just running one small area over and over again though, then 30~60 seconds each time *is* a big deal.

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  3. godistejp

godistejp IncGamers Member

How do you build a good summoner, I mean what kind of summons do you focus on to be that good - melee skellies/mage skellies or revives?

4. Cast_Raider

Cast_Raider IncGamers Member

20 skeles
    20 mages
    20 mastery
    20 corpse explosion
    1 revive
    1 golem & golem mastery
    1 in all curses

Enigma is crucial if you want a character that's hilariously fun instead of an irritating drag IMHO. Sort of like the hammerdin. Come to think of it, they are equipped exactly the same, except the homun instead of hoz. With enigma, you can put your summons and merc exactly where you need them.

5. godistejp

godistejp IncGamers Member

Thanks alot for the tip :)

Im currently a bonemancer, but its kinda crappy to not move on very effective in hell for an example, its not hard. Its pretty easy, but its a pain in the arse to just use the narrow aimed bone spear.

When i get my enigma, then i will try it out :)

6. Sys

Sys IncGamers Member

@ Cast_Raider: Thanks a bunch for the constructive post, I'll perhaps roll a summoner later on.. it's a tough choice now :)

7. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

I think you should max golem mastery to be able to make an aura golem and make the killing even faster.