bone merc question

xtype

Diabloii.Net Member
bone merc question

I was wondering which merc is best for a full bone necro?
Also, is a bone necro better off with max block or all vit? Thanks.

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
I can only tell you what *I* have decided on for my bonemancer:

Merc: using Act 2 Defiance with a Insight weapon
It was basically a decision between Defiance and Holy Freezem as I'm hoping these are easier to babysit than a Might merc. Prayer/Blessed Aim/Thorns I don't see a use for.

Blocking or not: I decided to not go blocking. I'm a caster, so no need to go melee range. I have at least two minions (Gumby and Merc), and will probably get Revives as well. I have a Bone Armor synergized by Marrowwalks and a maxed bone wall --- so I don't see non-elemental attacks as a major threat.

xtype

Diabloii.Net Member
Myrakh-2 said:
Blocking or not: I decided to not go blocking. I'm a caster, so no need to go melee range. I have at least two minions (Gumby and Merc), and will probably get Revives as well. I have a Bone Armor synergized by Marrowwalks and a maxed bone wall --- so I don't see non-elemental attacks as a major threat.
How about for pvp?

sir goatscelot

Diabloii.Net Member
For Pvp, Holy Freeze is nice but, that same merc will shatter corpses in pvm which will not allow CE if you use that. When you say "full bone", does that mean no summons other than gumby?, or hybrid with summons? Hybrids may not need it as much, but all bone will need it.

You can check the guides in stickies as this question has been asked many times before ;) Good luck :)