Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bone Armor Bug??

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by TheRebel22, Sep 24, 2010.

1. TheRebel22

TheRebel22 Diabloii.Net Member

Bone Armor Bug??

Hey guys, I'm running a fishymancer in SP right now. He's lvl 57 and has +15 summon skills, +9 bone skills. I got 1 point in bone armor, and then 1 point in Bone Wall because it adds more per level to bone armor, than bone armor does. At the time it only seemed to jump the 15 points, but I didn't pay any attention, and since I have skill points to spare, I put one point in bone prison, and again, it only jumped 15 points. I have 10 points each in Bone Armor, Bone Wall, and Bone Prison. With Synergies, that should be 150+150 = 300 + 110 =410dmg absorbed (or 400, I'm not sure).

Instead, it only displays 140 dmg absorbed. It seems like it doesn't count any of my +skill items. Is that the case? Is it just a display bug or does it really not count those +skill points?

2. sequoia

sequoia Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Bone Armor Bug??

bone wall's bonus to bone armor is a synergy, and synergies are only boosted by hard points in the skill.

3. TheRebel22

TheRebel22 Diabloii.Net Member

Really?? Why did my Poisonmancer's damage jump SO much with just a few +skills then? It'd be 4k, and then with like +3 more skills to it, and I thought all the synergies, it'd jump to 5.5k.

hmm...

4. aivwaras

aivwaras Diabloii.Net Member

You might have put on trang - oul's gloves, which add +25% to poison skill damage.. or dunno. The fact is that damage from synergies is only boosted by putting hard skill points to them.

5. ucal

ucal Diabloii.Net Member

It might be due to the difference in how the synergies are applied. Poison Nova is multiplicative, bone armor is additive. So, when the game calculates synergy damage for poison nova, the +skills to nova itself are factored in, because you have a level 23 nova doing more damage than a lvl 20 one, and that extra damage might get taken into account when the game multiplies by the percentage synergy bonus. But for bone armor, all it has to do is add, which doesn't take into account the current level of the skill it's adding to.

Then again, that's just guess work, so I don't know if that's how the game actually works.