Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

bone archers huuuurt

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by MFdoom, Mar 11, 2004.

1. MFdoom

MFdoom IncGamers Member

bone archers huuuurt

this post is mainly cos im not stuck, but jus twanna double check that my ideas are good. anyway i just started a single player barb, currently lvl 18 going on 19 in act 1 doing andariel runs, my stat and skills are:

1 bash, stun, concentrate, howl, increased stamina, iron skin
    5 shout
    7 spare. strengh 70 dex 60 vit 30

the best thing ive noticed about the new patch has gotta be the ranged damage, im getting hurt alot by skeletal archers, especially when theyve got a unique in there and my char often needs to drink a pot when fighting them, this is why im thinking increased speed since if all ranged attacks are gonna hurt like this m gonna want to be able to get to them fast, so ive decided to go for maybe 5 or 10 in increased speed instaed of using my current points on shout, im gonna be putting a point a level in concentrate until i get to lvl 24where im going to split my points between BO,increased speed and concentrate, with bo and increased speed taking priority. IM just wondering if this is a good idea? post back any suggestions whatsoever.

btw i havent done any masteries since i dont know what im gonna use yet, its either gonna be a maul/polearm or sword n shield. :scratch: i dont know which is better.

2. Strutch

Strutch IncGamers Member

Yeah I concur with you on the ranged attackers, they do suck. But to answer your question IMO I would figure out what weapon you want to use before too long so you can start to build towards that.

Next I would put one into speed and max your mastery, Conc., BO., in that order. Then you can start building up speed if you want and the other skills. Get you some fast boots for now and do it that way. (i.e. treads)

Not having any mastery dmg = bad news for you. If you don't want to decide on a weapon get you a one-hander and a shield to block some.

-Strutch

3. miles

miles IncGamers Member

Also use taunt to bring the archers close to yu it is a very useful skil. especially for a conc barb

4. MFdoom

MFdoom IncGamers Member

i wouldnt say they suck as it makes the game harder, which is good, im thinking sword + shield since im gonna need the blocking and the shield gives me more spaces for res, + i thnik that a 3 socket TirTirTir shield is good as it will allow me to get mana back better than leech at lower levels(damage isnt high enough) tho im not sure about maxing conc before bo as bo wil give me lfe mana and synergy bonuses to conc, where as conc will just give me damage, i dunno how much does concentration go up in damage per level???

5. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Conc gives 5% damage/level, along with ar and 10% defense.

-Hal