Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bone and Stormlash.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by herobomberman, Sep 11, 2006.

1. herobomberman

herobomberman IncGamers Member

Bone and Stormlash.

ok, two questions,

1) out of the 1.11 runewords, only one i like seems to be bone, is it worth the 2 ums (or um and 2puls in my case) over a 22 vipermagi? i like it, the extra skill would allow my fishy to crank out one more skelli.... just wonder what opinions where on this bone armur, and any of the other (useless?) 1.11 runewords?

2)my lil brother scored himself a damn stormlash last week, and now wants to use it on a pally, any suggestions what pally build what most suit this weapon (im still jealous)

2. Randall

Randall IncGamers Member

Personally I would even prefer a 4PTopaz socket armor above both of these, but perhaps I like MF to much.

What is your goal for the fishy ?

Personally I think resistances and/or skill points don't do much for a fishy after you reached a certain point.

As soon as you can have around 11 skellies it's enough, more don't do a lot in hell. (most damage usually is coming from merc+CE)

Simular for resistances, as soon as they are positive (except with Lightning Res) more resistances doesn't do a lot.
    Lightning res needs to be max in area's with gloams. (but a few small charms with LR can help you with that)

3. Cormallon

Cormallon IncGamers Member

I made a Bone armour for a special sorc of mine, and it definitely was worth the runes. Of course I had some special requirements: I needed mana, and some more physical protection. I got both from that runeword (+1xx mana, and protectionfrom the ctc bone shield). For a fishy both aspects are not that important, a fishy gets shielded by the skellies, and recasting doesn't happen too often later on.

In general, a lot of these 1.11 armours are useful, just not on the char they seem to be designed for. I also have Peace on a HC hunter druid, works very good. Treachery is another such case, just not for a 'sin (at least it requires a build escpecially designed around that rw).

4. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Save the runes! Um and 2 Puls gives you many better runeword options for other characters.
    Crescent Moon, Duress, Stone & Gloom should all me makeable with a little countess running for the other runes required.

And Treachery is a great armour as Cormallon has said. Have a read here

For your fishy I recommend: Trang's Oul's Scales, Skin of the Vipermagi, Skullders Ire, 4x PTopaz Gothic Plate with a 4x Ort Gothic Plate in the stash for Gloam areas.

5. herobomberman

maybe i will give the bone a miss then... make a duress or something for another char instead. really just wanted some more skills so i can get another skelli :p

6. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Trang Oul's Scales has +2 Summoning Skills, so will give the same boost to your skellies as Bone. It has a reasonably good drop rate from Hell Meph, or I'm sure you could trade it for a few PGs.

Fanatic Zealot for the Stormlash?

7. herobomberman

obviously, im an idiot. just looked at trangs, and now im wearing it (i have about 6 :p) sweet, that extra point gives me 13 skeletons.

yeah ive told me bro fanat zealer will prolly be the best choice, that was my second char and first to kill hell baal, i lub him so. gah, still cant beleive he got the damn lash... he got that and griswolds vortex in 100 pindle runs.... so not fair. (although i got sanders paragon so i think i won that fight)

8. Skinny

Skinny Banned

Nope, you didn't :laugh: