Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

bo from cta

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by zXz, Mar 30, 2005.

1. zXz

zXz IncGamers Member

bo from cta

I would like if someone could tell me what is the perfect bo for a non barb char and what items (other then +6 bo cta) a char would have to have to achieve it

thanks in advance for your replies

2. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

Please correct me if wrong, I believe +6 Battle Orders is the maximum achievable on weapon.

You will need pure +skills to increase the effect of BO.

Shako, Mara's, Spirit, Arachnid's Mesh will help.

What build do you plan to use the Call to Arms with?

3. Jerion

Jerion IncGamers Member

Tiberrius is right, 6 bo is the max. I belive there are no other items that give +bo for a non-barb char.
    Just another question on BO, would Warcry gc's work to improve it? I really don't think as it say "Barb only," but I just want to make sure.

4. Oscuro

Oscuro IncGamers Site Pal

The charms do indeed say (Barbarian Only).

Let's see what the max BO can be:
    +6 BO (CTA)
    +1 (CTA)
    +2 (Spirit shield)
    +2 (Enigma, Chains of Honor, Arkaine's Valor)
    +2 (Harlequin Crest, Andariel's Visage, Crown of Ages, Nightwing's Veil)
    +2 (Mara's Kaleidoscope, Seraph's Hymn)
    +1 (Arachnid Mesh)
    +1 (Stone of Jordan, Bul-Katho's Wedding Band)
    +1 (Stone of Jordan, Bul-Katho's Wedding Band)
    +1 (Battle Command)
    +1 (Annihilus)
    +2 (Skill Shrine)
    ====================
    +22 Battle Orders

If anyone can improve on this, please speak up; I may have missed something.

5. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

No charms or other "barb only" items will not increase the BO as an oskill.

6. zXz

zXz IncGamers Member

I been working on a paladin (which I hope to take to lvl 99) since a friend of mine was nice and gave me some rather nice equip for him. thing is when I had heard that the max was 20 and no matter how I did the math I could only come up with 19. I did forget to add +1 from battle command to the list

7. ArchAngel Tiberrius

If the Paladin your making is melee and you have either Dracul's Grasp or Exile then I highly doubt you will even require Call to Arms (seems such a waste).

Could you outline the build and some of your equipment?

8. zXz

zXz IncGamers Member

Not melee. and I admit I went with your average cookie cutter typical paladin hammerdin built :lol: :eek: as for equip I have enigma, low maras, um shako, p diamond hoz, 2 bk, arachnid, war travs, hoto, magefist, and some combat gcs and anni (and should add in here I was only able to get part of this stuff since I belong to a group of friends where we always try to help one another looking for equip we know the others want).

I figured I'd try taking this one to lvl 99 because out of all the chars I've had this one seems to be the strongest overall. thing I couldnt figure out was bo. Because even after I did the math I only came up with 19. yet I had been told was 20. and I couldnt figure out where that extra one could be hidden

9. ArchAngel Tiberrius

To be honest I find Call to Arms to be a complete waste of runes. That's just my personal thought. I've played many builds, and with the right equipment the Battle Orders is not really needed.

10. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

well so did I! thought that CTA is not so good! But if u roll a nice one (rolled a cta 6/5/4 myself) and i think it's usefull! Good when doing baalruns with high lev characters + its good to have on switch for pvp!

/Dec

11. ArchAngel Tiberrius

There is no doubt that it is useful, but I do not think it is worth the runes used. If in comparison you use Spirit as an example.

Tell me, how much bonus life do you get with Call To Arms?

12. Spheron

Spheron IncGamers Member

In fact a lot. Bo is very usefull to me (non-ladder). It gives my hammerdin (normal life 2000+) with BO over 3000 life. That's nice, isn't it?

I use it mainly for mf runs (baal, pit), so the extra life and mana isn't a waste.

For the runes, the only rune that is worth something is Ohm. Mal and Ist are easy to get with hellforge quests, or pit runs..

-Spheron

13. ArchAngel Tiberrius

I am not denying that Call To Arms is useful. However to me I do not really see the need for it.

Reason?

I will use two examples.

Hammerdin

Your Hammerdin has over 2000 hit points. Hammerdins are greatly powerful, with 1-2 hit kills. A Hammerdin with 1000 hit points (in conjunction with Redemption) will be hard pressed to lose that amount of hit points. Therefore, I ask is CtA necessary?

I can see two exceptions:

- Gloams
    - Boss Ranged Attackers

Gloam damage can be negated with Thundergod's Vigor and Wisp Projector.

Ranged attackers can be dealt with smartly, alleviating the threat.

Zealot

Equip a Zealot with either Dracul's Grasp or Exile and you are basically immortal. If your character is equipped properly and you play smartly you are more than efficient with 1000 hit points.

Just from these examples you can see that Call To Arms, while useful is not essential. I know better things I could do with an Ohm.

Another problem with Call To Arms is that the majority of players place the runeword in 'caster' type weapons which then completely negates the melee side of the weapon. Place the runeword in a Berserker Axe and you can utilise it as an end game weapon.

As I say, Call To Arms is not by far useless. Indeed it is useful. Useful but not essential for what it does.

14. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

Good points Archangel Tiberrius (cool name btw :D )

However when making the runeword in other type of weapons than crystals swords or flails the trade price drops a lot.

Most sought CTA are those made in Crystal followed by flails. Of course the ones who have the highest BO level is most valuable. Its a valuable runeword for PvP play mostly. Of course you can benefit from it when playing PVM. No doubt about that!

Its true that most casters uses this runeword. For melle characters there are some who use like zealots, druids (bear wolftype), melee assas and many more.

Now of course you can make the runeword in a BA and use it. There are some downfalls to this and the following are important imo:
    - Less trade value price
    - There are godlier runewords weapon to use as a primary weapon instead of CTA.

/Dec

15. ArchAngel Tiberrius

Thanks! :) I think so too.

I appreciate the trading value of the item.

My argument still is, however, that there are better things to do with an Ohm. Therefore if I (speaking personally here) was to make a CtA then I would have evaluated the chances of coming across another Ohm. Why 'waste' the Ohm and then trade the item?

My opinion is biased as I must confess I am not a very big trader.

I completely agree. I can state that the use of the runeword is much more beneficial for PvP than for PvM. I only question it's usefulness in PvM.

I have PvP'd before, and BO was not allowed for a class other than a Barb. Perhaps I am out of date in that area!

Agree with you here. Not that I would know as I do not really utilise runewords (despite the ability to make several).

I have placed a CtA Beserker Axe on a Zealot of mine, and achieved 5K damage with it. Not bad in my opinion!

16. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

Cta for a zealot in BA thats new! U got nice IAS on weapon, BO (i guess u used this skill ;) ), pretty nice damage, life steal, pmh, firedamage, mf and more. But in my opinion Stormlash would have been a better weapon for a zealot and much more costeffective compared to CTA in BA. Stormlash is a very good weapon and its much more cheaper than ohm rune! But like i said thats my opinion.

Wish there were possibilities to try all type of runewords made in different type of weapons but thats not possible since highrunes dont drop that often! :p

Now lets say you have wasted an Ohm in making cta in a crystal and u are lucky enough to get a nice level on BO, than oops u will be able to trade for ist and buy other highrunes! 6 BO cta can bring u at least 10 ists or even more if the right buyer is determined to buy it... ;)

/Dec

17. ArchAngel Tiberrius

Actually you mistook me. I placed the CtA on a Zealot, never said I used it. ;) The runeword is definately not mine either.

I also never said that CtA in a Beserker Axe was new.

Best weapons for a Zealot:

- Schaefer's
    - Stormlash
    - Death Cleaver
    - Astreon's

You can also include Death as well.

Then again, there is no substitute for originality.

Completely agree. 'Legitimate' runes are rarer than most people seem to realise.

Also the CtA in the Beserker Axe was not 'trying' the runeword out. The maker knew exactly what they were doing.

Trading prices aside. I believe making Call To Arms in a Crystal Sword or Flail for example is a complete and utter waste of an Ohm. Surely the IAS and ED on the runeword were meant to be utilised. I could be wrong however.

As I have said before, my comments do not relate to trading. I've also mentioned that CtA in a Crystal Sword/Flail is wasteful. Non-melee characters can easily achieve the Str/Dex requirements to utilise the runeword in a weapon that could actually hurt something.

I've also said I am not a big trader, I rely mostly upon self found items, and neither do I make runewords.

These are, strictly my thoughts.