Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bnet weirdness leads to unplanned dupe

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by MrBill, Jun 11, 2008.

1. MrBill

MrBill IncGamers Member

Bnet weirdness leads to unplanned dupe

Just wanted to let all you guys on US East HCL know that there are some very strange things going on in that Realm tonight (possibly connected to the Ladder reset?).

I had several "Failed to join game" errors from several of the computers on my home LAN, but, luckily, I had a muling session still active from early this afternoon. So, my Level 91 Trapper stopped in and dropped off a bunch of the so-so junk she got on her latest Tunnels run (mostly gems, highest item was a Hellrack unique crossbow), mule picked them up.

Trapper then exited the muling session, tried to start a new Hell Difficulty session, got "Failed to join game", tried again, finally got in. Imagine my surprise when I found the exact same things that I had just given my mule, still in my Trapper's stash! I looked at the screen on the other PC and, indeed, the "original" versions of these items were still there securely in the mule's stash.

This was totally unintentional on my part -- I wasn't trying to duplicate items, indeed, I had no idea what was going on. But it's perhaps a telling indication of how easily exploitable the Battle.Net system is to this kind of thing, if I had been someone who was deliberately trying to cheat. (Note that as far as I can tell, neither of the servers involved, had crashed -- my muling session stayed up for over half an hour after the incident occurred.)

You know what the sad part about this is? It's nearly the end of the Ladder, and all the stuff that I inadvertently duplicated, isn't really worth anything, anyway. (Anybody want a spare Hellrack?:whistling:) Arrgh... just think if I could have given all my characters that nice Infinity or Faith that I made last Ladder season... well, if the next Rust Storm wipes all my ill-gotten gains out, it's really no loss to me.

"To err is human, but it takes a computer to really f*** things up", I guess.

Cheers

Mr_Bill

2. prion

prion IncGamers Member

Re: Bnet weirdness leads to unplanned dupe

i'm not gonna even sign on next tuesday it's gonna be like this X10

3. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Hey, so long as they get it out of their system pre-reset...

*mumbles something about transfering NL items to L*

4. Ilikestuff

Ilikestuff Banned

they had alot of these games back in .09 where actions from one char wouldnt save. so you got people mass producing stormshields, 40/15 jewels etc, by entering a game, dropping them all, leaving, re-entering and doing the same. over and over again. and having a "save" char to pick up all the goodies