Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bnet Pally Hammer/ Melee?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by irishstout, Feb 2, 2004.

1. irishstout

irishstout IncGamers Member

Bnet Pally Hammer/ Melee?

I want to start a new character on Bnet. Should I do a hammerdin or go with a melee with zeal and fan aura. In addition to which pally i choose to build, what character best compliments the pally? A friend of mine and I are going to start two new characters together. ANy suggestions would be great. Oh and I have never played on Bnet before just usually multiplayer with my friend over a secure line. Again, any information would be handy, thanks.

IrishStout

2. mc_garb

mc_garb IncGamers Member

Hammerdin kills in PVP

i went to battle with my friend he has a hammerdin i was like haha i'll murder you. I put on my 75/75/75/65 res equipment and he sent one hammer when i was charging him and it killed me. I found out later it was a hammer that did 9.8k dmg OMFG! He kills all my other friends too sorc barb pally, my friend thought of a pally that can kill him but i never found out what it is.

Tired of trying to become immortal in diablo 2? Then become immortal in real life!

http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=mechsoldier

3. twn_domn

twn_domn IncGamers Member

Tele FoH > Tele Hammerdin > Tele Barb > all non-tele melee char.

4. shade449

shade449 IncGamers Member

LOL. Im sorry but tele FoH isnt better than tele hammerdin. Most people use FoH to force their oppenent to use stack resists. teleport wouldnt help much. And both are bm and pathetic. these kinda posts make me laugh.

5. UselessOne

UselessOne IncGamers Member

Seeing as Irishstout has never played on Bnet before, I doubt making a PvP paladin is his top priority.

With a hammerdin, you are guaranteed a certain amount of decent damage but you will have problems if you can not get enough mana to throw out hammers. Most hammerdins do not have more than 100 strength and put nothing in energy.

Zealots will be easier in the early game, but you will need to know what weapon you will use in hell to determine what strength you will have. The problem is that you do not currently have a weapon to use so this is a problem. Overall, for a zealot to be successful, you will need to have better gear as compared to a hammerdin.

6. twn_domn

twn_domn IncGamers Member

Your comment is merely an opinion without logic or numbers. Truly pathetic.

7. Anksun

Anksun IncGamers Member

If this is for a first b.net caracther (or first ladder for that matter)

I agree with the one who said Hammerdin would be the best idea)

Zealot is nice but you do need good gear to be effective. While to be honest, you will be able to do WELL in multi-players HELL games with stuff you will have found in NORMAL...

All you need is fast cast rate, some mana and a lot of life... (+resists)
    Wealth armor is a useful armor even for a high level hammerdin (if you have nothing else), fcr rings will comes easily, well a wand like suicide branch is easily acquired and is perfect to play with. any fcr helm or +skills, same with amy, any boots as long as you run fast, Frostburn or magefists as gloves.

This is probably the cheapest list of items ever as you will probably find 3/4 of them while levelling and this will gives you enough power to level until level 80 easily. From that point, you'll get enough stuff to add Resists, +skills, and be happy as long as you like using hammers.